Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do people think of Midas car servicing?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Midas well go somewhere else IMO. But i guess it varies form store to store, like most things. I won't go to one, simply due to a bad quote they once gave me. But then again, i've never been happy after anyone has worked on my car. Get a manual, and the bits and pieces that you need, and give what ever it is, a go yourself. That's my advice..

kyle46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8,VH v8 commodore
don't where you live,but the brisbane shops tingalpa and capalaba should look after you

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Midas well go somewhere else IMO. But i guess it varies form store to store, like most things. I won't go to one, simply due to a bad quote they once gave me. But then again, i've never been happy after anyone has worked on my car. Get a manual, and the bits and pieces that you need, and give what ever it is, a go yourself. That's my advice..

man, i couldnt agree more really. evey time i have something done to my car at a mechanic (which isnt all that often) i find myself looking at the work they did and thinking "damn, i could have done a better job than that if i wasnt so lazy"

06vzcalais

Reaction score
Worked for midas in Mosman sydney for a whole of 2 weeks
I will never ever take my car to one the standard of work was low and bodgy oh and never ask for a brake test, this could be just this store thou

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
I'm thinking of getting my car serviced down at Midas but i don't know if their any good
at their job. Gonna get a major service done!

The only way to get a service done properly is to do it yourself. That said, they couldn't be any worse than your local Holden dealer! The last service I had done was on the SS before the waranty ran out, $245 for oil and a filter. The peanuts didn't even bother rotating the tyres which needed doing urgently. They did wipe some black stuff on the side walls of the tyres though!

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
if you want the job done right take it to a mechanic not an exhaust fitter who tries to be a mechanic and forgets to changes filters and cam belts etc etc etc etc (ex midas worker) be there done that seen that made a fuss about it and got the ass for stand up for the vehicle owner .
MIDAS stands for monkeys in disguse as servicemen......

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
well i was working at glenelg for 3 months and they do a good job but the owner is a ***n cocksucker

mondy888

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh commodore sl vacationer
ahk cheers, this ACE place u reckon i might giv it a look

mondy888

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh commodore sl vacationer
do u mean Ace Exhausts?