Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you hate about your VZ?

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
What I hate about VZ models is that Holden decided to go with ready assembled window regulators using a 10mm ball slider clip, not the type used forever on ever other model before it and not available as a spare part.
The large hazard button, already mentioned, and the fact the Mode switch is out of sight behind wheel unlike VT-VX.
Headlight retainer clip in spring steel and main gauge cluster access is a bonus.

CliveSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Thunder Ute - L76 Auto
I just sold a 2006 Alloytec S pac ute. FYI it has a L.S.D. Notchy auto gear select is disappointing. Same thing on my VZ SS Thunder ute. Also diff clunk is really annoying - also on V6 and V8. Not good.

StevoVZ71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
Love my VZ ute - even now while in the midst of replacing the timing chains but my biggest hate is the thermostat location. Replaced it about 18 months ago and it took 12 hours all up although partly my fault as I had put it all back together and found out one of the mounting bolts wasn't tightened up. Wish I had found out about the PCV valve issue 5 years ago as well as it might have saved me from doing the timing chains now although she does have over 300,000kms on the clock so can't complain that much.

Alloytec36

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Berlina V6, 1977 FJ45, 2001 P38 Range Rov
Love my VZ v6. Mine seems to be the only vz alloytec that behaves? Gets good fuel mileage, plenty of room, interior of the berlina is pleasant to be in, hasn't got leather so my 58kg Rottweiler cant strach seats, it's quiet and has enough go to pass cars safely. I've had no major issues, just made sure I change all fluids and filters regularly. Mobil 1 esp 5w30 and ryco syntec filters 214k kms

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
You may well find they let you have a single wheeler for shed burnouts, because an extra wheel to spin would be too much. Then you'd complain about that.