Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you hate?

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
Some of you ppl winge about the littlest things, hehe. Maybe when i experience driving something different i might start to hate the vl's, noo that'll never happen. But i do have to say i ride in a very rough vl, the things you gotta do/sacrifice to make it look good. Seat belt flapping in the wind...mine only happens with both windows on that side open...interior mine is brown, brown is the same colour as ****, and i love it, the colour that is. (not ****, lol) grid cluster not a problem at all i could never understand y people bitch about it so much. I hate the weak plastic, cuz it vibrates up and down alot when going over bumps and plastic sides fall off (the dash and around that is) and the outside kinda, i broke my front bumper and cant get the same colour replacement. The boot vibrations yes, it does sound like **** outside the car but it can be stopped, gotta get off your ass ucwepn, ****! so do i lol. Drums hmmm disc would be better but you can paint more with drums. Rust is a big problem, i don't think ne1 likes rust, but everyone remember, money fixes EVERYTHING, well maybe not. (some smartarse will take the time to think of something stupid to prove me wrong, well DON'T) But one thing that i don't think ive seen above that i hate is when you pull up to a servo, and you want a full tank and have to put your ear down near the tank to hear how full it is cuz, it CAN hit the bowser.

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
the plastic bit on top of my dash fall completly off, snapped and yeah grrr stupid thing, but i got the fixed and now no rattles. i hate the windscreen strips and platic bits above the bumper, cos they keep flying off........

and also does ne one else have diferent colourd ashtrays in the back, i cant seem to find the same colour as my interior. which is grey and the ash trays are bright blue...

the fact the first day i drove it on my P's the arse end desided to go round the round about before the front end. (scared me, but most likely that was my driving in the wet LOL)

i think thats about all. all though most of the time i hate my car cos its costing me money, i wouldnt rather be in any thing else atm i stil think they are the sexiest commy...

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive/ VR clubsport
the only thing that i hate about my vl a the moment is that i left a few screws out of the dash and it rattles...apart from that i dont have ne rust problem, or broken plastic, and my head unit definately fit in perfect...perhaps i am being nieve?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
shady said:
the only thing that i hate about my vl a the moment is that i left a few screws out of the dash and it rattles...apart from that i dont have ne rust problem, or broken plastic, and my head unit definately fit in perfect...perhaps i am being nieve?

Or just a lucky person.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Oh and I hate getting 300k's out of a tank when taking it easy with suburban runarounding.

And I hate how easy they are to break into and steal.

And also that most insurance companies wont give full comp on a VL even tho we spend thousands doing them up and stuff

bencom

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina,vl nothing,vt v8 ex police
The auto when cold doesn't change gear,so i look like a real tool driving up the street at 4 in the morning,the auto doesnt kick back or rev out when accelerating hard.

E

eminvil_12

I hate

- The people think they are a great car even though they are 20 years old.
- I hate it when people spend thousands of dollars doing up old VL's when for the same price they could buy a car half the age, with half the KM's and which has more power than it.
- I hate how people driving them have to wear their hat on a 45 degree angle

Thats just what i hate about them anyway

GLD-086

Reaction score
eminvil_12 said:
I hate

- The people think they are a great car even though they are 20 years old.
- I hate it when people spend thousands of dollars doing up old VL's when for the same price they could buy a car half the age, with half the KM's and which has more power than it.
- I hate how people driving them have to wear their hat on a 45 degree angle

Thats just what i hate about them anyway

Ok???

1:For their age, they are pretty good cars.
2:Name 1 Aussie 6, with standard turbo putting out 150KW that can be brought for under 6k?
3:I dont wear my hat on a 45 degree angle, when I drive mine.

I dont mean to bash your opinion, because you are entitled to it by all means, but I find some of that to be a bit weird.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
GLD-086 said:
Ok???

1:For their age, they are pretty good cars.
2:Name 1 Aussie 6, with standard turbo putting out 150KW that can be brought for under 6k?
3:I dont wear my hat on a 45 degree angle, when I drive mine.

I dont mean to bash your opinion, because you are entitled to it by all means, but I find some of that to be a bit weird.
think he was trying to pay out vl drivers,