Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you make of this?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mainpath, Apr 14, 2009.

1. mainpath

mainpath New Member

Members Ride:
    04 VZ Exec, HX Kingswood, VB Comm
  2. mavro

mavro mavro

Members Ride:
    VX 5.7ss
    Its true,
    soon we will all be driving in KIAs / HYUNDIA's / or some chinees bmw rip off.
    sounds like fun....NOT !
    but what can we do ? who got the $$$$ for a $35000/plus car that is worth half in 3years time.
    ONLY TIME WILL TELL

3. mainpath

mainpath New Member

Members Ride:
    04 VZ Exec, HX Kingswood, VB Comm
    Noooo but then again that new ford is looking very interesting :p (i'm kidding)

4. VS Omega

VS Omega New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore Omega
    In metropolitan areas a smaller car makes sense but get into the bush or the desert and suddenly a large car is sensible - a lot of Australia is bush and desert. New car sales in general have and will continue to drop off in favor of used cars,though a lot of people are still willing to put up finance for a brand new car which by the time they end up paying off will be worth half or less than they had been paying all along - something which makes terrible economic sense to me and a lot more people are waking up to.

The Holden brand will not disappear because they sell all sorts of vehicles and have built a name/reputation, from a business point of view it would be a huge loss, though with government restrictions getting tighter and more expected from the companies it can be a bit overwhelming for them to keep up; next Commodore could be a very different vehicle to what we've known (shrinking, cheaper quality, hatch? Torana?!)

5. Pete_perth

Pete_perth Pedro

Members Ride:
    VZ Adventra V6
    This is the "expert" who has basically rated every Holden and Ford in his Car buyers guide as a lemon. I will believe it if and when it happens. He stated in his article that all Australian manufacturers would go under, Holden, Ford and Toyota. Who know's what will happen, but after reading parts of his book, he would be the last person I turn to for advice as he is an Aussie Holden/Ford hater IMO.

6. Astranomical

Astranomical Ecotec just kicked in yo

Members Ride:
    Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust
    Sounds like a load of **** to me. Holden will be around for as long as they can build a product that people want. And not everyone wants a lean, green, boring hippiemobile.