Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think is wrong with the world?

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
guns don't kill people , people with guns kill people .

governments can crack down on registered gun owners but are at a loss to recover or control the flow of unregistered weapons , making it harder for the average joe to obtain a gun licence isn't going to stop the criminal element from obtaining or trading guns , rural farmers are being targeted for their guns as they are becoming soft targets and an easy source of guns .

Are improved back ground checks going to improve anything maybe but wont matter to the criminal element .

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This issue about guns was flogged to death recently with no result. Let it rest. The pro-gun group have theit views and the no-guns group have theirs. So be it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Someone snapped with a truck and killed 80+ people. Just wondering when you will be making the call to ban all vehicles since you are so concerned with everyone's safety.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, illegal guns are the ones killing people....I pointed out, it's not just illegal guns doing it and I have also mentioned how do you determine who is rersponsible enough to own one.....I have also pointed out, all it takes is someone to snap and they will grab anything to cause harm to anyone.

And here is another example....I have also said, there is no easy fix for it either....So maybe read back and then comment

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well maybe we should ban school to for me in yr 11 in NSW schooling system, chemistry, volatile chemical reactions.
I was taught what 2 easy ingredients to get that would make explosives.
I was even told farmers used to use combo to blow out tree stumps in the day.
Thank God I'm not a terrorist, but I am an average joe

Read the posting quoting airstrike and then re-consider your reply

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
Read the posting quoting airstrike and then re-consider your reply

Read it, read back on mine.
I couldn't give a f**k about guns they where only a focal point the statement I try putting across is how far do we go?
All guns banned now yes? In actual fact I would agree with you but read back I was a collector of swords, I can't now because idiots use them? Well I can tell you I could get closer to strike a death blow with a kitchen knife that is concealed .
So where from there?
I have trained a great deal of my life in martial arts I know how to inflict Max damage with minimal effort. That will be next to go.
At school learnt components of a explosive etc etc
I don't care about guns, I know people will turn to anything, my point is how far will this and the next generation and next generation etc etc etc go to "make it safe" ban school, ban martial arts, ban cars? What worries me is the right to learn, the right to drive, the right to train and yes in that aspect the right for people that have a reason to own a firearm, who are good people.

I don't own a firearm, I don't give a s**t about them, that was a focus to make a point of restrictions! What is dangerous? What's next to be restricted?
I can't spell it out any clearer.
What you said above is part of my point they WILL turn to other things so what is that the next thing on the ban list

car_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Guns are a coward's weapon, bullets don't come back once you calm down and change your mind. It's been proved most people are more likely to kill a family member rather than an intruder with a gun.
Most people do not need a gun and by preventing the average joe from having them also stops a lot of guns making their way onto the black market.
How many guns get stolen from homes in the USA?? Heaps!

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
Guns are a coward's weapon, bullets don't come back once you calm down and change your mind. It's been proved most people are more likely to kill a family member rather than an intruder with a gun.
Most people do not need a gun and by preventing the average joe from having them also stops a lot of guns making their way onto the black market.
How many guns get stolen from homes in the USA?? Heaps!

Us don't have them locked up, if the guns are kept how they should be it isn't a split second reaction to get it and shoot if kept properly just to get your keys unlock the safe, unlock the ammo compartment, load your gun, point and shoot.
It's not a split second decision.
It's pretty meditated
I can do pre meditated without a gun knowing all I know.

Look I do see all the points and as said I would disagree but look at it this way.
Imagine guns are gone the next generation says why did we ever have them, they know no different.
Then say people start hurting people with knives, next generation says we have to get rid of all knives longer than 5cm why would you need anything bigger?. There's just no reason, big kick up then when it's unforced the next generation says why did they carry on about knives, but then martial arts attacks become more prominent now so let's stop any training all together.

I do see your point guns are NOT my main point is that too difficult to understand?

car_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
There is a huge kill ratio difference between a knife and a gun. Even with a Katana, I'd be hard pressed to kill more than 10 - 15 unarmed people before being over run.
With a gun, any unskilled idiot can kill many from a distance. With an automatic, you can kill hundreds with ease. Look what Martin Bryant managed to do and he just had a semi-auto and a little bit of skill... nuff said.
People that are half decent at martial arts have trained at it for years, know there are consequences to their actions, and the guys I know tend not to use their skills in anger unless it is absolutely needed.

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
There is a huge kill ratio difference between a knife and a gun. Even with a Katana, I'd be hard pressed to kill more than 10 - 15 unarmed people before being over run.
With a gun, any unskilled idiot can kill many from a distance. With an automatic, you can kill hundreds with ease. Look what Martin Bryant managed to do and he just had a semi-auto and a little bit of skill... nuff said.
People that are half decent at martial arts have trained at it for years, know there are consequences to their actions, and the guys I know tend not to use their skills in anger unless it is absolutely needed.

Auto do you live in America?
Not allowed in Australia!!
Do you know what the term gun means?

They are all examples only, as I said in chemistry I learnt how to make explosives.
I'm shore I could take a s**t lot more with those then a gun if I was a nutta.

Once again, people will find the next"big kill" if they are nutta's the only way to ensure safety for all is take everything away.
Maybe do a equilibrium sanario, don't know the movie look it up

car_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Yes the term "gun" equals "coward" to me.
Check the topic again son, its about what is wrong with the entire world, not just your little world in Australia. Other countries do have access to automatic weapons so my point is still valid.
You seem a bit too passionate about the whole guns thing, trying to smack down anyone who disagrees or has an opinion. It's a sad state of affairs these days when someone voices their opinion like Sonia Kruger did and then everyone who disagrees feels the need to totally annihilate them.
Have you taken your medication today??