Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think of the VE?

What do you think of the VE Commodore?

• Love it

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Hate it

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Been looking through the thread and I've seen heaps of different opinions, just wondering what people overall think of the upcoming commo..

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
im gonna wait til i see it in the flesh, holding judgement til then. but, from the pics i have seen, i like it so far.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Well said. Cant hate something that ive only seen via photos from behind bushes lol....

aZk.

F

foammedia

I'm 50-50 it looks pretty good, better than a VZ, but I don't think it's as good as it could have or should have been

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Now I'm getting there but still really won't make a judgement until i see it in the showroom where i can take a camera and look over it from all angles, Sit my big bum in it and get comfy and then make my mind up 100%.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
From the pic's i have seen, i think it is ugly. From the pic's i have seen i will be visiting mr ford dealer. :)

The car would have to look 200% better in the flesh to look better for me.

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
I love it, sure the photo's don't do it justice, but this is a car that has been designed by the same people behind the VT, Monaro et al. They are NOT going to release a car that will polarise opinion. It will appeal to everyone, just like the VZ Commdore does now.

I'm VERY curious though, as to how the VE will drive. In fact I find this more interesting than how the thing will look. Will it be a quantum leap over the VT-VZ? Remember this is a totally new platform (Zeta) that Holden has created itself. I can't wait to take one for a spin!! The leadup to the VE in MOTOR and Wheels over the coming weeks will be nothing short of orgasmic I'm sure.

I'm predicting dark days for the Falcon once the VE is released as it has to wait until 2008 for its 'Orion' replacement. Expect to see the Falcon remain in third spot on the charts (or lower) until then. There is a BFII (but more than likey a BG Falcon/Fairlaine) to be around after the VE is released, but with so much money invested by Ford in Orion, it will be little more than a slight nose and bum facelift.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
buddyforu said:
I love it, sure the photo's don't do it justice, but this is a car that has been designed by the same people behind the VT, Monaro et al. They are NOT going to release a car that will polarise opinion. It will appeal to everyone, just like the VZ Commdore does now.

I'm VERY curious though, as to how the VE will drive. In fact I find this more interesting than how the thing will look. Will it be a quantum leap over the VT-VZ? Remember this is a totally new platform (Zeta) that Holden has created itself. I can't wait to take one for a spin!! The leadup to the VE in MOTOR and Wheels over the coming weeks will be nothing short of orgasmic I'm sure.

I'm predicting dark days for the Falcon once the VE is released as it has to wait until 2008 for its 'Orion' replacement. Expect to see the Falcon remain in third spot on the charts (or lower) until then. There is a BFII (but more than likey a BG Falcon/Fairlaine) to be around after the VE is released, but with so much money invested by Ford in Orion, it will be little more than a slight nose and bum facelift.

I agree totally...All new suspension and auto electrician the other day suggested a drive-by-wire system (doubt it though), much wider wheelbase as well. Petrol tank placed under the rear seat which should provide better weight distribution? All factors seem to lead to it having much better handling than the current VZ.

Interior, exterior, drivability etc. are all going to be a loong way ahead of the Falcon...sucks to be Ford lol

I also look forward to seeing if it makes a difference in the V8 supercars with the wider wheelbase etc? Im sure the suspension setup will be changed to meet that of the Ford though...

Last edited: