Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What does a VY SS front bumper fit ?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
A have a genuine VY SS sedan bumper, that I'm going to list on ebay - I was just wondering if this can be bolted up to a standard VY ? Also, any difference between sedan/wagon/ute

I'm assuming it will not fit any other models ( VX VZ ) but will fit any VY ?

Pics attached - it is a little damaged, whatsit worth ??

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Dcp_1951.jpg
    Dcp_1951.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Dcp_1952.jpg
    Dcp_1952.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 775
  • DCP_1954.JPG
    DCP_1954.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 970
  • label.jpg
    label.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 657

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
The bumper should fit any VY Commodore, be it a sedan, ute, or wagon. It's only the side skirts and rear bumper that you have to worry about. It won't fit luxury models like the Calais, Berlina, Statesman, Adventura, etc. I bought one on eBay a couple of months back for $150, which was in pretty good nick. If those paint abrasions are the only thing that is wrong with it, don't list it as "damaged". It is very common for people to repaint them anyway, just state that re-painting will be required. Goodluck with it!

VYSHSV8

**** happens
Reaction score
Website
www.ls1-australia.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 M6
vy_acclaim said:
The bumper should fit any VY Commodore, be it a sedan, ute, or wagon. It's only the side skirts and rear bumper that you have to worry about. It won't fit luxury models like the Calais, Berlina, Statesman, Adventura, etc. I bought one on eBay a couple of months back for $150, which was in pretty good nick. If those paint abrasions are the only thing that is wrong with it, don't list it as "damaged". It is very common for people to repaint them anyway, just state that re-painting will be required. Goodluck with it!

Yes you did mate(bought 1 on e-bay) and you are correct any vy exec to vyss including series II but not the calais berlina stato as you have said as they have different headlights..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
vy_acclaim said:
It will fit the Berlina and Calais. It wont fit the LWB models, so Statesman, Caprice, etc.
Also as far as I know it should fit the VZ as it was a minor revision of the VY.
AirStrike :air:

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I bought one from holden at the start of the year to put on my vy. They fit any vy.

The genuine holden one costs $315 new - Unpainted, as I have just put the ss front end on my car.:w00t:

By the way I still have a standard VY Executive Bumper (Phantom Mica in colour) Excellent condition, and headlight for sale if anyone is interested. Please PM me. $100 for the bumper and $50ea for the headlights.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
AirStrike said:
It will fit the Berlina and Calais.
But the headlights on Calais & Berlina are different. It will physically fit, but will look stupid.

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
It will fit execs it will NOT fit berlinas or calais and will not fit vz

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
clixanup said:
But the headlights on Calais & Berlina are different. It will physically fit, but will look stupid.
He asked what it will fit on, it will fit on a Berlina or Calais.
You would only put it on if you were going for an SS look alike in which case you would change the headlights any way.
AirStrike :air: