Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What does it mean when the horn beeps after i lock the car??

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Sometimes, not all the time , when i lock the car with the button the horn goes "beep", is this a normal thing is there a problem with my alarm, my other mates calais did the same thing sometimes, i also thought being an alarm it would do this all the time but dosnt, can sombody please clarify this for me as to why this happens/dosnt happen???

thanks
Jamie

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
It would be one of the door locks not locking fully or properly. That means theres a fault somewhere. Have a look at the manual if you have it Im sure it says it there somewhere

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
mine was doing the exact same thing, after i had my windows tinted. They hadn't put the red button on the door lock back in properly and it was getting caught on the way down. It could also be one of the other sensors eg, boot or bonnet.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
ahh ****,cos its done it a few times when ive left the car at home or in a car park,it onli does it even now and then , it aint often , yeh i dont have the handbook, i lost it :bang: , it did it this morning when i got to work, but all the doors seemed locked, esp cos i deadlocked it , i better go check the car anyway ...thanks for the info guys, will have to check my locks and sensors out tonight.
If anyone knows of any other reasons why it would do this please tell me.

Thanks
Jamie

VKNutt

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK Berlina
Hey dude... I've seen this happen with locks before, as the other guys said its probabley that one of the locks isn't locking properly. It can either be because the snib button on the lock (the bit that you can see) isn't pushed in properly as "'97 Sen" said. Or it could be a connection onto the locking actuator or the actuator itself that is starting to crap out. From what I have seen in the past, the actuator is most likely the problem as it is an intermittant issue. the hard part will be in determining which door is actually the problem... as far as diagnosis goes, I really cannot help too much.

Good luck

Dan

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Thanks for the info VKNutt, will have to check all the locks and stuff 2nite when i get home, i just checked the car now , all doors were locked, i think i might no which door is doing it cos i had prob with it before

BJT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ACCLAIM WAGON
Chirping from VY's

Sometimes, not all the time , when i lock the car with the button the horn goes "beep", is this a normal thing is there a problem with my alarm, my other mates calais did the same thing sometimes, i also thought being an alarm it would do this all the time but dosnt, can sombody please clarify this for me as to why this happens/dosnt happen???

thanks
Jamie

It is telling that you have a problem, holden have put cheap lock assemblies into there vehicle and the chirping from the horn is telling you that you have not got all of your doors locks or at least the indication of all the doors not being locked.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the missus VS started to do that, it was the rear drivers side door lock not locking properly. stopped doing it now though and i haven't touched it.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn