Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What donk to use?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
well then i have no choice but to get a black 308, would it matter if it comes from a VL?

no problems with that. Engine will drop straight in (mounts are the same)
They were a good engine too (apart from low compression). Standard with good bits like double row timing chain and big valve heads. Plus they are an unleaded engine, so no need to modify the valve seats.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
It would, like the VL, have to run a catalytic converter though.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
i can get hold of a injected 5ltr + loom from a vq for about $800 and im willing to take the risk of buying a flogged motor,but if i pay $5000 for one it will probably be flogged any way. it runs and everything but the box is stuffed,

do i just take the hole suspension assembly with engine and k frame and swap it with mine?, will it fit?, does it just bolt on? and what about the extra width (assuming that it is wider)

and what else will i need from it ?

thank you for replying

Edit:

will i need the drive shaft and diff? and if i take the diff will it fit ok since i will be using the original stockies ?

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
anyone????

Baphomet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 202 sedan
not 100% sure but the diff out of a live axle vn-vs is wider so the wheels will stick out a bit more.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah it will be, ill measure it tomorrow and compare to mine and see if it will scrub, but he wants $1100 for all the running gear, i might be able to lower it to $1000 - $950 if i leave the diff and get a diff out of a vk v8

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
this is it, he wants $1100 for all the running gear or $1200 for the hole car with out the mags and $1600 with the mags, so ill just buy the hole car with out the mags and the car is in good condition for the money, i didn't see any rust, interior is not bad, bits of the paint is faded, ill be stupid not to buy it, ill just get a new box for it, use it for my L's and take what i want off it when i Finnish the body on the vk
424322_332409416849690_1090498078_n.jpg