Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what else do need?

VS_Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series II Esteem model
hey all
interested to know im just in the process of waiting for some work to be done with my engine parts ive got a vs ecotec im getting the heads shaved ported and polished all the goodies and also my manifold port matched and polished with an already ported and polished plenum ive got a crow cam and 1.9:1 ratio rockers and rollmaster twin row timing chain basically i would like to know where am i going to be losing out as i figure im doing a lot of top end work what i want to know is what else can i do and who can do it for me im in adelaide i wouldnt mind some flat top pistons and a 4.2 crank but dont know if you can get them if anyone can help i hope you will thank you all.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
All the questions you need answered are to be done by the engine builder/tuner.

When you say in the process,do you have work being done yet,if so who with?

Whats your budget to complete the build,is the driveline being seen too?

Going by your above said route its not going to happen some of it.Camshaft upgrades require the use of std rockers unless its a very baby item.I still wouldnt use 1.9's anyway,by themselves with std cam yes by all means.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
4.2 stroker crank is available through come racing , not sure about mace. what spec crow cam? mace can provide you with plenum spacers . keep away from acl pistons and anything procomp. when you say goodies on the heads did you upgrade your vavle springs to double rows?

VS_Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
my budget is 7k to 10k as i have spent 1500 on heads and manifold so far another 1500 on diff work and just upgraded some parts in the trans like shift ki stage 2 corvette servos and a 2300 stall converter so that is my budget where do i need to spend more some of my work was done by seaton engineering and some at just heads on port road so far other then that my mechanic is doing a lot of his own sort of research as he is a ford man

VS_Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
i was under the impression from mace that the 1.9 rockers are best choice for cams but if there is another option this is the sort of advice i am afer i am a painter i dont know a hell of a lot about efi engines

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim

VS_Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
never crossed my mind but ive heard the stroker kit doesnt increase your out by much

MACE

Reaction score
How much money is your engine builder going to charge for labor? Will you also be installing the engine yourself or will the engine builder?

Assuming the worse I would consider staying with a standard stroke engine, running a different camshaft (doing away with the 1.9:1 rockers) and running a custom tune. If you have a extra 1.5k then go the stroker option which would work well

Hope this helps

Cheers
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
How much money is your engine builder going to charge for labor? Will you also be installing the engine yourself or will the engine builder?

Assuming the worse I would consider staying with a standard stroke engine, running a different camshaft (doing away with the 1.9:1 rockers) and running a custom tune. If you have a extra 1.5k then go the stroker option which would work well

Hope this helps

Cheers
Steve