Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fuel do you use?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I used to be a fan of optimax, i switched to Synergy 8000(mobil) 3 fills ago. I have to say, my car feels alot smoother nopw than it used too, so taking it in to be tuned for mobil. I tried Bp ultimate but was very dissapointed. Anyone tried Optimax extreme yet?

B

blofly

I have the choice between ampol, caltex, shell etc 95 octane premium or the big BP ultimate 98 so thats what I use, not much competiton here in WA for high octane fuel which is probably why I pay $1.36 per litre for it, god damn sons of bitche$ but it's either that or pinging for me, especially in summer so you gotta do what you gotta do hey.

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
Anything premium. Whoever's the cheapest.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
I have found using E10 to be more economical and more per tank. It has a octane of 94

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I only use 98 Ron petrol.. Either Mobil 8000 or Optimax depending on where I am..

Does anyone know if the new 100Ron Ethanol Petrol has the injector cleaning additives and stuff? Because that's pretty much the only reason I buy 98 Ron petrol, seeing as my injectors aren't used that much (Dual)..

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Vortex... or optimax..
I will try 100 extreme next tank minux....
I will let you know.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Just regular unleaded this premium stuff, doesn't seem to do anything to warrant the extra $$ in our car. We do occassionally (once every couple of months) fill up with what ever premium is on the go at whatever servo we're at. Something interesting we seen though, at a dyno day a couple of years ago one fella run his car on regular ULP then premium and he actually had significant power losses with the premium.

Cal.oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
i just filled up with that mobil 8000 stuff. to be honest i dont see much, if any of a difference between the mobil 8000 and the normal pulp, except the price. damn 75 bucks to fill up 3/4 of a tank :b:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Julie said:
Just regular unleaded this premium stuff, doesn't seem to do anything to warrant the extra $$ in our car. We do occassionally (once every couple of months) fill up with what ever premium is on the go at whatever servo we're at. Something interesting we seen though, at a dyno day a couple of years ago one fella run his car on regular ULP then premium and he actually had significant power losses with the premium.

If your car is specifically tuned for one type of petrol then this almost always the result, i have yet to see a 98 octane fuel(brand name) tuned and dynoed at less power than any other.

Also someone mentioned more kilometres using an E10 blend fuel? How is it possible when ethanol has a faster burn. One of the reasons fuel companies would love to see ethanol in cars is exactly this reason, faster the burn the more fuel people need to buy.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
SSZ-57L said:
Vortex... or optimax..
I will try 100 extreme next tank minux....
I will let you know.

Thanks, guys ive spoken to who tune my car have said they thinkt hey will steer clear, they quite often see the effects of ethanol blend fuels in cars. not pretty