Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

??What Gauge Wire Will I Need??? nearly 5k RMS

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I cant wait for the

"Hey Guys My Amp Caught Fire"
Thread, driving them at too low an impedance.

Also if you were truly running 5k wRMS you would be running more thn 1 single 0 gauge run, You would have a battery bank, and a nice 180+ amp alternator...

Ah well, The kids got to dream...

Cheers
Mat

Always gotta be one to wreck some ones dreams.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
1.7k rms @1ohm is at 12v, Amps have been bench tested to do around 2250Wrms from memory at 1ohm 14.4v, And they can be run at .5ohm, Its been done, and playing daily to,..8 months+ and still going great!. I have had the 2x 0gauge wire to the mono amps installed, Installed the soundstreams running on .5ohm and sound's Great with no problems, Local audio guy installed the 0 gauge thrugh and recomended a deep cycle in the boot wich i will get done very soon...
Over the years i have run things at stupidly low impedances + doin other stupid stuff just experementing yet never even nearly had a fire....oh and am yet to hear of anyone that set there car on fire that way... But anyway job is done now and all sounds great..thanx to the ones who helped out with my original question...

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
0ga to a second battery in the boot.

or, about 4 runs of 0ga to the single deep cycle/heavy duty battery at the front, and never play the system at full power for music, because the battery will never keep up.