Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What goes harder VR or VS

dbarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V M6 UTE
I reckon after this many years of being driven it would be down to the condition of the motor as to "what goes harder"...17kW is nothing in cars that are over a decade old (assuming its a stock VR & VS).

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
if you are asking which one to buy get a VS. Much better overall IMO. just pop the bonnet and compare, the VS is much neater, better injection, smoother engine and goes pretty hard.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
yes vs goes harder o to 100 in 5.something secs, well mine did anyway

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
When you are talking power figures for "going harder" it basically is all about KW's / HP. What else makes your car go faster?

The VS had the Ecotec engine, most of the VR's had the Buick 3.8 in them. Not sure which engine went harder. I'm assuming the VS's did.

perhaps torque?, seeing thats what an engine makes :p. HP is just a calculation

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
i had a old 88 modle vn with 300 000 on the clock and it had a fair bit of grunt...only thing i did was changed the timeing chain and gaskets....but now i have a VS with 82 000 on the clock and neither no the vs has way less K's the vs kicks the VN ass and even a VR (me sis had a VR.....allot of the reason y people think the vr is quicker (and yes maybe they are) is cause there more noisier then the ecotects meaning you think it has more grunt. but yeh when i overtook another car in my VN it didnt have any grunt unless i had throttle fully down...with VS just gotta hold it slightly and your doing way more then the speed lol same as stand still...vn lagged...VS goes...altho the VN spun the wheels a hell lot better then the VS haha

plus vs looks better
and also i miss me VN:cry:

on a side not which had better top speed? vn or vs? as in what is the top speed

jonathanvb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec L67 + T5
I have had 3 vns (one being manual), and 1 vp, and have just got a vs, and the vs is a hell of alot quicker, and alot nicer to drive too!

Chief VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec
I had a VR 6 and it was heaps fast for a stocker and i had raced a few of my mates cars and i was faster than my mates vs and he hadit chiped and had a pod it just all depends on how you take care of your car eg. burnouts are no good if you want to keep it in good condition in a stock commodore.

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
I dunno, there's too many varying degree's of what's faster etc etc, but if for instance you take a stock VR and a stock VS now, I would have my money on the VS to take the win in a 0-100 dash...
but with what people are doing with there cars now, eg modding, tuneing, and other various things, as well as age been a factor I feel that there fairly evenly matched if both have been taken care of, and you are on top of keep it in prime condition...
Although i have heard a lot of people say the ecotec had lost a good amount of torque, as you simply don't feel like your being thrown back in your seat in a VS as apose to a VR...
but it's all a matter of opinion!

also i'm tired of these same quesitons popping up, cause there's too many people that get there back up over which is better, who cares!!! you drive a holden your already a winner!

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
sorry to dig a old thread, but cmon bro as if, 5 seconds lol, got a vr wit twin throttle bodys and extractors and exhaust, that dont evan break the 6 second mark mate, honestly, maybe wit the wheels spinnin u can get 0-100km in 5 seconds, but thats still **** lol, but na bs bout the 5 seconds mate