Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What gone missing........

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
With Holden’s choice to cost cut on their cars. What have you noticed missing on your car compared to earlier models of the VE e.g.: radiator air cover, glove box light…..

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
I have the glovebox light, the radiator cover I had to get, oh while I'm at it I also got the boot liner too. Looks so much cleaner and quieter too.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
But they've added 6 airbags as standard. What would you rather? A light in your glovebox or an airbag to protect you in a crash?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
a few litres of boot space in the wagon. can't say they've dropped anything worthwhile.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
I have the glovebox light, the radiator cover I had to get, oh while I'm at it I also got the boot liner too. Looks so much cleaner and quieter too.

I have no console or glove box light... what type of boot liner did you get ? but mine came with the radiator cover...

As for air bags i think mine has 8...

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
i have a glovebox light on a 2008 ute

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The sports shift button in front of the shifter has gone on the V8 Autos. Now you move the stick to the left and it goes into sports shift and when you then move it forward and back to go up/down/hold gears.

The early Calais had adjustable storage bins in the front doors. The later ones are just the "normal" fixed type.

Reaper

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
does any one know if the wiring is there for the glove box console light ? so i can grab some lights and put them in myself...

cheers

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
the shift button was being fased out anyway because now the auto should blip the throttle on down changes.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
I have no console or glove box light... what type of boot liner did you get ? but mine came with the radiator cover...

As for air bags i think mine has 8...

You telling me the HSV's don't have a boot liner?? cost cutting extreme here. I just asked for a boot liner standard on Calais. It is good for all the airbags to be standard, but fark they wont help me! Just me in the car! the standard 2 in the front will do me. :whistling