Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Good Deals Do Telstra Have For Pre-Paid Mobiles?

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I never get time to go to the telstra shop as i finish work at 5pm every day and they are always closed. Just wondering how many of you guys use a Telstra pre-paid phone and what deal have you got going on it. I don't play with phones much so i just recharge it with $20 or so when i need it, BUT, it goes so quickly and i don't even use it that much. I made a call the other day and i talked for 1 minute max, and i check my balance, it had just cost me $3.00!!!!! Thats just bloody ridiculous and im sick of it..!! Can't i get like 150 minutes free calls or something?? I just need some sort of idea what deals i can get.

Help please.
Cheers

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Why did'nt i check the telstra site first. :bang:

All good guys!

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
its the flag fall that gets most people on pre paid plans.

when you say 150 free mins to others, it depends on which company the other people are with to if you will use your minutes.

Mobile Phones from Telstra

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
Why did'nt i check the telstra site first. :bang:

All good guys!

Not sure if you can still get this one, but on my phone i have the freedom offer plan. You select 5 other telstra numbers to add to your 'freedom list' and you can call those number anytime for an unlimited amount of time for free. Only catch is you have to recharged atleast $30 a month or the calls will be charged. So i have free phone calls all month, and with the $30 i buy $20 worth of text messages (180) with the plus packs.

scruffy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec
Hey mate,just wondering if it HAS to be Telstra.I've had Telstra ,Vodaphone and Optus and am now with 3.I drive from the Gold Coast to Cairns almost every week and have found that 3 has a better coverage than Optus and Vodaphone, as it piggybacks the Telstra network. I am on a plan which includes an 16gig Iphone at $54 a month so, it's not too bad.

Just my 2bobs worth,happy hunting.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
The answer is they don't have good deals!! Well not compared to other carriers anyway!

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Even then, Optus has the second biggest network in the country, and as long as you get a dual band 900/2100 3G phone, you will have 3G coverage in most areas.