Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What happened to the 3 years free servicing Holden?

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I paid for 5 years extended warranty, because I got the car leased for 5 years and didnt want any nasty surprises after 3 years. Sadly, the day after I picked my car up, the promotion for 5 years extended warranty included with any purchase went on sale. Bastards.

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
It seems we are discussing two different offers in this thread. Free servicing Vs capped. From what I understand free servicing was only available to very limited specials. Capped servicing seems to be offered more often. My free servicing was offered last March as part of the 2013 plate/dealer stock sale. Happy to be corrected

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Yes capped servicing seems to be the norm, but its only for like the first 4 services or something?

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Just had my 15000km service done as was required to pay, when I ordered the car in June of last year Holden were promoting 5 year warranty and roadside assistance and 3 years free servicing, when I picked up my car in July they were still offering it. It was plastered all over their website and on TV. My car is in the system as capped price servicing WTF? Dealer will call GMH on my behalf tomorrow. Watch this space.

Do not get over excited about the free servicing....they probably use sump oil, same sump plug and not change the oil filter......and the apprentice they hired 1 month ago will do the job....on gov. subsidies...."there is no such thing as a free lunch" .......:boohoo:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
they probably use sump oil, same sump plug and not change the oil filter
So many wrong, uneducated assumptions.

and the apprentice they hired 1 month ago will do the job....on gov. subsidies...."there is no such thing as a free lunch" .......:boohoo:
Wait, wait wait....so what's wrong with an apprentice dropping and refilling the oil? Do you expect them to just watch for 4 years and then only touch a car once they're qualified?

And what the #### does the fact they may or may not be on subsidies have to do with anything?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Do not get over excited about the free servicing....they probably use sump oil, same sump plug and not change the oil filter......and the apprentice they hired 1 month ago will do the job....on gov. subsidies...."there is no such thing as a free lunch" .......:boohoo:

Because Holden love to replace engines under warranty......

It will be by the book.

And whats wrong with the apprentice doing the work? Has to learn somehow. Work will be checked by the qualified mechanics.

Like I said, these cars will be under warranty, they don't want to #### them up.

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
My first free service I received a full invoice with all items listed and work completed (recalls and mylink updates). From my understanding Holden then pay the dealership for the work.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
So many wrong, uneducated assumptions.

Wait, wait wait....so what's wrong with an apprentice dropping and refilling the oil? Do you expect them to just watch for 4 years and then only touch a car once they're qualified?

And what the #### does the fact they may or may not be on subsidies have to do with anything?

You are wrong.....gov. subsidies are used to employ people for a certain period of time at minimum cost to the employer....once exhausted the employee is able to put the employee off....and the cycle continues for the next poor soul.....so forth and so on blah. blah....it was on 4 Corners tonight....whether it be for an apprentice or a sales person.

Who pays for the free lunch...you, GMH, the dealership, potential buyer's in the future by offering a lower trade in than the norm. ...and anybody else they can suck in....what goes around comes around......the only winner is the original owner with fast turn around with low grade oil and parts sourced off other cars on the show room floor....it was a well know fact here with the local dealer as my son was once employed by them as an apprentice but now works for the Commonwealth Gov....no need to get into a tizzy over this.....it's a fact of life....:mad:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You are wrong.....gov. subsidies are used to employ people for a certain period of time at minimum cost to the employer....once exhausted the employee is able to put the employee off....and the cycle continues for the next poor soul.....so forth and so on blah. blah....it was on 4 Corners tonight....whether it be for an apprentice or a sales person.

Who pays for the free lunch...you, GMH, the dealership, potential buyer's in the future by offering a lower trade in than the norm. ...and anybody else they can suck in....what goes around comes around......the only winner is the original owner with fast turn around with low grade oil and parts sourced off other cars on the show room floor....it was a well know fact here with the local dealer as my son was once employed by them as an apprentice but now works for the Commonwealth Gov....no need to get into a tizzy over this.....it's a fact of life....:mad:

Somebody needs to lay off the Crack...

And what is the difference in sourcing a part from a car with new car km's in the showroom to fit to a customers car under warranty rather than waiting 2-3 weeks for backorder from gm? People often drop out of apprenticeships because they cant hack the real work they're expected to do, by "works for the commonwealth government" i assume you mean he's on the dole.