Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what have i done? blown head or engine??

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
short distances and low speeds won't do it any harm. It might say something about it in the user manual.
It sounds like a sticky or stuffed thermostat to me. If the oil looked reasonable then it's safe to assume the brown crap was just years of sludge and inhibitor in the cooling system. If you try to hose it off the driveway does it do that funny thing oil does when you try to hose it off? Gets a sorta glaze of bluey-white to it and is a prick to remove....

soniamaree1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
short distances and low speeds won't do it any harm. It might say something about it in the user manual.
It sounds like a sticky or stuffed thermostat to me. If the oil looked reasonable then it's safe to assume the brown crap was just years of sludge and inhibitor in the cooling system. If you try to hose it off the driveway does it do that funny thing oil does when you try to hose it off? Gets a sorta glaze of bluey-white to it and is a prick to remove....

yeah we hosed of the drive today didnt move with just water so we put degreaser on ot and most of it went. yeah it had prety colours in it

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
sounds like oil then. could be trans fluid though which means a stuffed radiator. New rad an tranny service should suffice. (i assume trans cools through the radiator on a vt.. never looked....)

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

soniamaree1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
wow really that much. well i suppose i hope it is that and not the head gone. well going to get it off to mechanics tomoro now and hope it not gonna cost me tooo much. dam cars. wish i didnt need it. thank you for your help.
will let you know the diagnosis from mechanics
thanks all :)

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
If your temp gauge is going through the roof + sludge, I would get the car towed to the mechanics....

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Good luck keep us posted

soniamaree1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
mechanic thinks it may be tranny will no more this arvo