Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what holden to get first car up to 7.500$

partybridge

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
hey guys looking in to getting my first car i goner go Holden for shore Holden for life but i have up to $7.500 to spend. I will probs bye new cam and cats and extractors heads but the law is no v8 or superchargers or turbos so what should i be looking in to which is cheap and good to do modding for first car

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
less than $20 will get you an oxford dictionary. That would be a good start.

What car you want?- thats up to your personal choice. Car modding? cheap? with an element of safety? probably a vt-vx. They have airbags at least. and not as many computers in the car to deal with when things start to go wrong (as per vy-vz's). and plenty of power for a first car.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
I would buy a VS v6 for around 2500-3500 and spend the rest doing the usual bolt ons and look nice bits, and your left with a nice car.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
My wife's barina? It's 07.. Well looked after.. And you'll have money for a full sic exhaust and some dus dus.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
You could buy a good Vq-vs stato for that, if your lucky maybe even a wh, but with nothing left over for mods, but that can come later and usually have some sort of exhaust already. Cruise in style.

Depends on what you want from the car.
cheap to run? Vt-vx
Something quicker with less economy? Vn-vs
Something cool and nice to be in? Stato.
Take some different models for a drive and find the one you feel most comfortable in.

My wife's barina? It's 07.. Well looked after.. And you'll have money for a full sic exhaust and some dus dus.

Perhaps some turbo extractors??
I'm A dumb arse!