Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what i won

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
what do you guys think would be better, a minispool or LSD?
also
what diff ratio should i setup? i don't do a lot of highway driving but when i do its for 5+ hrs at a time. and remember i have 5 gears not 3+OD

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
3.7 lsd for sure....dont go wrecking an LSD..... thats what open wheelers are for

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
3.9 and LSD over spool.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
are the V8 diffs Borg Warner or Salisbury?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
well my mate has picked it up for me and he said the only thing missing was the caliper brackets. the calipers are there but no mounting brackets. do the VN ones fit? or any other model? would holden still sell them? does anyone have some laying around? where else might i get some? where is the purple team leader?

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
sounds like you picked up a great bargain.
not sure about the caliper brackets, but you might be onto something about the vn, check it out on somebody else's car, measure it up.

just remember that when you change the diff ratio you need to change your speedo reading too, not sure how you do that, in the 'box or at the dash...

themantiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
rb26dett said:
all 6's were 3.45

Shouldnt be expensive to change ratio.

mine is factory 4.11, and i just replaced it with another factory 4.11....(too many one wheel skids...) but then again, it is a rb20e, did they sell those in aussie or just here?? (and before i start getting flak about the 2 litre, the rb30det is well in the build...)

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
bangers said:
well my mate Big Tim from 'MacArthur tyre and mechanical' will probably pick it up for me so i'll see if they do diff rebuilds and get him to change the ratio, put in a minispool or lsd, new bearings, etc. i'll put new rotors on out here so they don't get damaged in transit. i may even get him to get the housing sent off and powdercoated while its all pulled apart.

unfortunately this current purchase has delayed the gearbox swap even further. worth it in the long run though.
just as a caution, check the diff condition if you havent already! i just had my VK SS diff rebuilt, 3.08 LSD Salisbury, and it cost $1400!
the crown wheel and pinion in the 3.08 ratio cost $850 alone, the rest was labour and other parts like bearings etc, the lsd was perfect.
ratio change for you may not cost as much depending on the price of the crown wheel and pinion!!