Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is a getrag

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
Also Getrag will have a electronic speed sensor and a T5 will have a mechanical speed sensor. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. It should have numbers stamped on the housing somewhere ? i know on my old VT series 2 s-pack ( fitted with a Getrag ) it had Getrag stamped on the outter housing of the box. Hopefully ive helped.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the getrag will have a toothed gear at the output end that the 2 wire speed sensor sensors off, the t5 has the screw on 3 wire sensor...

16Redline2

Reaction score
Members Ride
16 ssv redline
Also Getrag will have a electronic speed sensor and a T5 will have a mechanical speed sensor. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. It should have numbers stamped on the housing somewhere ? i know on my old VT series 2 s-pack ( fitted with a Getrag ) it had Getrag stamped on the outter housing of the box. Hopefully ive helped.

Just went and checked both of my boxes and the only thing there stamped with is Borg-Warner and the electrical speed sensor screws in and out, is there any other way of defining a getrag from a T5

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
Just went and checked both of my boxes and the only thing there stamped with is Borg-Warner and the electrical speed sensor screws in and out, is there any other way of defining a getrag from a T5

Sounds like that's a T-5 you got there bud, as for anything else I'm not honestly 100% sure.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
screw on sensor is t5, make sure u have the same as what came out in it because the two different speed sensors won't suit the others ecu...

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
if it feels like your mixing a bowl of custard. chances are itll be a getrag :thumbsup:

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Wagon 3.8 & VS Sedan Manual 3.8
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you will find the T5's run a cable operated clutch, & the Get ya self a rag has Hydraulic.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yes, T5 are cable, getrag are hydraulic. The getrag also has a fine tooth input shaft.