Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Is A Good Price For Paiting A VE Bonnet in Melbourne

Steve-2010SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE MY10 SS COMMODORE
Hi all. Could someone please give me some sort of idea of how much it will cost me to get VE bonnet painted in Voodoo blue and the heat vents in it painted black ? I'm in Melbourne. I purchased custom bonnet and it is black, how they come new. Thanks guys.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If you want it done properly they'll have to paint a decent amount of the front half of the car to get the blending to match, just remember you always get what you pay for with painting. Ring some places and get some quotes, I have no idea what Melbourne prices are like but I feel like you wouldn't have much change out of $2k for a decent job with the cost of materials in the last year or so.

Steve-2010SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you want it done properly they'll have to paint a decent amount of the front half of the car to get the blending to match, just remember you always get what you pay for with painting. Ring some places and get some quotes, I have no idea what Melbourne prices are like but I feel like you wouldn't have much change out of $2k for a decent job with the cost of materials in the last year or so.
Thankyou for answering my question, good info.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Typing threat titles in ALL CAPITALS is against forum rules.

Thread title fixed.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
“All Caps” is a master piece rap by MF DOOM

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
“All Caps” is a master piece rap by MF DOOM
The pot doubles, now they really got troubles
Madman never go pop like snot bubbles.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I'd say around $1000 just for the bonnet.

What should really be done though especially with that colour is blend it out into the surrounding panels, even with a colour matcher who's spot on with their work, the guards will look different to the bonnet, I can just about guarantee it.

I just had a new tailgate and bumper installed on my ute (alto grey) and it took 3 attempts for the panel beaters to blend it out close enough into the rear 1/4s that you couldn't tell it had been repaired.

Unfortunately it's a common misconception especially with metallic paints that you can just give a panel shop your paint code and get a bonnet thats the perfect match to the rest of the car.

This is why insurance jobs even for minor fender benders take a while because it's not just about painting that panel, it's about making sure that panel looks like it's supposed to be there.

Last edited:

Steve-2010SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate, thanks for that info. It sounds like it's not going to be as easy as I thought. I'm pretty picky too, so this could be stressful Thanks again.

Steve.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
It cost me around $400 IIRC for Fineline smash repairs, a local joint, to colour match a used white VX bonnet to Sting Red, top and underneath, to match my VX SS

https://www.finelinesmashrepairs.com.au/

I did need to book about 1 month in advance, took a total of 3 days from dropping off the car to picking it up

Colour match is spot on

20220709_150758.thumb.jpg.35e06e364141be65afb37f1a4a9d75a0.jpg

Last edited:

Steve-2010SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
It cost me around $400 IIRC for Fineline smash repairs, a local joint, to colour match a used white VX bonnet to Sting Red, top and underneath, to match my VX SS

https://www.finelinesmashrepairs.com.au/

I did need to book about 1 month in advance, took a total of 3 days from dropping off the car to picking it up

Colour match is spot on

View attachment 245706
Thanks for that, it sounds like a good price, especially with it being a good job. And thanks for sending the link for Fineline Smash Repairs, I wish I could use them, but I am in Victoria. Thanks again.
Steve.