Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is a thrust bearing??

Toddler78

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm sure theres a few guys on here that wanna know how!

magic!:surprise:

spigot bearing can not be removed unlsess the gearbox has been separated from the engine, you need to slide it past the input shaft. I have done enough of them to know.

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Spigot bush

magic!:surprise:

spigot bearing can not be removed unlsess the gearbox has been separated from the engine, you need to slide it past the input shaft. I have done enough of them to know.

Is this wat we're on about.?? Son all of a sudden couldn't select gears & had a terrible noise at idle from his T5.He took out his gear box to find the spigot bush mounts broken.This, after profix put a heavy duty clutch plate & new thrust bearing in for him...
angry teenager...!!!

Attachments

• Spigot bush..jpg
    Spigot bush..jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 368
  • clutch release..jpg
    clutch release..jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 862

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
gearbox does not need to be removed, all you need to do is pull out the motor as this will give access with the gearbox still in place. easy :hmmm:

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
gearbox does not need to be removed, all you need to do is pull out the motor as this will give access with the gearbox still in place. easy :hmmm:

Want to come to my place and show me how, I'm willing to watch and i have the bearing already :p

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
Sorry mate cant help but all you do is get a small grinder remove anything holding the engine to the car and gearbox, remove all wiring with side cutters, then pull motor from vehicle using rope and another vehicle. Install thrust bearing on the exposed shaft on front of gearbox then reverse the steps, done. should only be a couple hour job and take photos because you could make a sticky how-to when done. cheers.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
What if I only have a 9" Grinder? Will this still work? :p