Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Is A Toyota Blower????????

madvrcom

Reaction score
I Have Heard Talk About toyota Blowers And Im Not Sure What They Actually Are, Need Some Info About This Product Cause I Hear That They Are Really Good. Tell Us What You Know About These Toyota Blowers And If You Have One Give Us Some Advise On Price, Installation, And The Power Gain.... Cheers

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
I'm guessing your referring to the sc14 superchargers which can be made to fit the commodore.
The kits are $2000 from crs and are meant to make a 30% power increase @ 3psi.
But alot of people have modified the blowers to make up to 10psi and also intercooled to make some very good power for a little blower.

5speedcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 speed v6 vn commodore
my bad toyota blower is a sprintex i think

Scottie_116

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
yeah i'm going to get one for my car.they are pretty good bang for buck especially if you do the brackets yourself. Make sure that it is the SC14 not SC12 though. SC12 can't pump enough air into the motor.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the toycar blower in question would be the sc14. the vortech setup is totally different. have a look on e-bay, you may find a cheap kit on there or there is crs for about $2k which is a complete kit with instructions etc. about a day to fit plus it comes with a electrical clutch on the blower so that you can turn it off ( why would you bother though??) there are a few threads on here about the sc14 setup and other mods etc

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
my bad toyota blower is a sprintex i think

lol, wrong again. Sprintex is an australian company, who were the original developer's of twin screw type blowers, In the early days the american company "whipple" used to be a distrubutor of sprintex blowers, hence why they are commonly refered to as whipple superchargers. The sc14 charger is a roots design, which look similar but work very differently. look them up if you want to know more about them.

edit: here is a good article on the 3 diff typs of chargers: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/supercharger1.htm

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
are these toyota blowers any good for v8's? or just 6's?, my mate is looking for a small cheap blower setup for his genIII