Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is best cold air induction for a v6

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
just get the standard supercharged V6 cold air intake from holden

Optimus_Prime

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 Clubsport R8
just get the standard supercharged V6 cold air intake from holden

02 VU V6 should have a CAI already, the VT/VX SC version is exactly the same thing but with a slightly larger opening/mouth (same width & everything; if you just cut the hole a bit higher up you'd have the same).

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Start by keeping your current CAI and buying an intake tube from a VN-VR V6 (the long plastic one about $10-30 from the wreckers) and cutting a round hole into the bottom side of the airbox next to your current snorkel and fitting the elbow end into it and trimming off the bottom so that it doesn't stick down too far. This is the same but smaller (75mm v 110mm) as the Yella Terra one. or do it out of plumbing PVC (the factory maybe smaller but it looks factory and is cheap.
Have a look at these sites:
http://forum.****************.com.au/showthread.php?t=8486935 (post#36) and
http://l67torque.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
plus:
you could upgrade the snorkel to a VT HSV one as well or use one of the aftermarket ones but they are expensive (SS Iductions or Aunger).

Col.

Last edited:

agrocm

Reaction score
here is the plan im buying a ss induction kits maken it wider and useing that but as well as that im doing a home job i plan on getting a vz front end of a v8 super car for it so where the opening is at the front ill tig weld some stainless steel and make a scope and run piping to the bottom of my air filter so ill have the factory plus a home job, that means hell of alot of air in there lol plus in the front end there are two lil fins which direct some air to teh front brakes win win whicheva way u look at it
:w00t:

Attachments

• skaife.jpg
    skaife.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 143

agrocm

Reaction score
Alot of work to get like 3kw :p

good point yes but when its a stock v6 with 157 kw 3 kw is not bad sure if it was a supercharged 8 who gives a f*uck. i will also get a v6 wide throttle body so i can get all that air in there but i have head mixed reviews on these wide bodys wanna give some feed back? also u say 3 kws but doesnt a standard induction kit give u a lil more than 10 kws ? plus the mods i plan to do would be even more ?
i can honestly justify spending a couple of hundred for a genuine cai and less than a hundred for a custom kit for 15 kws or so
cheers chris

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
SS Inductions state pretty high figures, but I have never seen it proven properly, and from my own experiences with CAI's they dont make that much difference on a stock car. They will make a difference but...yeah.

A throttle body is best for throttle response, with some power to be gained (again little). If you are after speed, diff gears and a shiftkit wont add power but are pretty good bang for your buck quarter mile and speed wise.

Also roller rockers, exhaust and extractors will give you a very nice boost in power too.

agrocm

Reaction score
SS Inductions state pretty high figures, but I have never seen it proven properly, and from my own experiences with CAI's they dont make that much difference on a stock car. They will make a difference but...yeah.

A throttle body is best for throttle response, with some power to be gained (again little). If you are after speed, diff gears and a shiftkit wont add power but are pretty good bang for your buck quarter mile and speed wise.

Also roller rockers, exhaust and extractors will give you a very nice boost in power too.

my performance mods are going to be wide throttle body custom cai exhaust and extractors rockers are on the list as well plus a few things like 81 thermastat from fit and also exhaust heat sheild.

who wants me to dyno my car befor and after installing a normal cai and than again after my custon mods ?

my custom cai mods wont be done until i get the vz front end so might be a lil while