Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is better KINGSPRINGs or PEDDERs

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
Ive got king spring lows on my vt with tyres that have do just over 15,000 & they have been chewed out on the inside.Got about 5mm left before the tread indicator.:mad: Im looking at getting a camber kit.Spoke to one tyre place he said wont make that much of a difference.:bang: Maybe 10,000 more out of the tyres.I think thats a big difference.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
DeanoVT - What shocks did you put into that setup?

I have lovells and agree with Deano, go Kings before pedders..

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Slick6 said:
DeanoVT - What shocks did you put into that setup?

I have lovells and agree with Deano, go Kings before pedders..

KYB shocks at the rear and the fronts were the standard maloo ones that came with the struts

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
fitzy2005 said:
yea kings are a cheaper brand

kings are not cheaper....pedders are overpriced.

the pedder shocks are Monroe shocks painted red by the apprentice at the back and the pedders springs are King springs also painted red and then they put a nice premium price:ranting:

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
minux said:
lol, i love how people go the cheap on suspension. I spent almost $2500 on my last VT,was the best handling car i hgad ever driven for that small amount spent. I will be doing the same with this project, suspension setup should cost me about $2300, which isnt expensive, but guarentee's piece of mind when you are hooking into corners at 140+ km/h :)

Anyways off topic there...for just spring's, seems like an ok price installed.

im interested to know what setup you will use?

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
i got my car lowered at pedders about a year ago and wen i took my car in for a service my mechanic told me it looks like theyve used the superlow springs and cut the back ones so it sits even lower...... dodgy pricks!

get1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
VL-187 said:
i got my car lowered at pedders about a year ago and wen i took my car in for a service my mechanic told me it looks like theyve used the superlow springs and cut the back ones so it sits even lower...... dodgy pricks!

No offence but you need a new mechanic. I agree they(pedders) are over priced and try to sell things to you when u dont need them. But cut springs come on man u got to be kidding me.

goldencommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Commodore
hey i just got a quote for low king springs and chamber kit for the $800 mark, would it be cheaper if i went to the king springs factory and bought direct.