Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is my 97 vs ute 5spd manual worth?

Sashman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy storm ute 5spd manual 6cylinder commodore
Selling my 1997 vs ute 5 spd manual,its been looked after,not thrashed,new clutch plate,fuel pump,battery,bushes and hardly driven for 12 months.I had put it on fb and gumtree but have had time wasters and offers way too low.Surely its worth $1500 otherwise i would rather just keep it and pay several regos.Any ideas,suggestions or feedback would be appreciated. CHEERS.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
In Tas you would struggle to find a VS ute in decent cond for $1500.

vpv85l

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VP V8 Sedan
Hi mate, unfortunately every time I try to sell a car on gumtree I end up just selling it for next to nothing because of the retards and I just dont have time to deal with them. Something as you've described would surely go for between $2k-4k dependant on the condition, rust etc... Even if a car has been "thrashed" as long as it's be repaired or maintained, there isn't anything wrong with being driven hard. I sold my 2001 V8 ute after 80,000kms of extremely hard driving (every single time i can make that thing sing I made it sing.) and when selling it the new owners face as soon as he gave it stick was insane. I actually was never in the passenger seat the whole time i had it and when he floored it I didnt want to sell my car but ah well.

Good luck with the sale man.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
To me it depends on how good a condition a car is like panel/paint etc...it's easier/cheaper to start with a good base than something ready for the crushers.

Mechanicals are easy to fix & not to exxy if you know what you're doing

Most people look at these to build for burnouts or drag rather than daily driver as they're getting old & need constant maintenance.

Bought a solid vp ute for $900 with rego with a tonne of issues...I probably paid too much but liked the novelty value of it haha