Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the best job you've had ?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
My first job was at cartridge world where there was the customer contact etc, dusty cartridges, but my fave part of each day was getting to hoon (i use the term loosely ;)) around in either of the bosses 2 Hilux SR5's. Doing this for a year was enough to know that i enjoyed driving as part of my work and threw the idea around of becoming a courier, although i never seriously considered it, as i wasnt earning enough and had just got a loan for my commodore.

I manage a Cartridge world store now, been doin it for 5yrs, do buggar all, drink lots of coffee n sit on jc when shop is quiet, its good.

Been thinkin about lookin for sumfink else, but i wouldnt get teh time to sit on ere if i was anywhere else, or thats what i come to think.

Best job, Work for the Dole, got stuck on that for a month or 2 when i moved states, well i made a Bike track for a Church, was sick, 4 big 5m doubles, few nice burms, sumone donated a steel ramp, then it was all closed coz sum kid come off n skinned his leg on it, was spewin spent a fair amount of time diggin for the track n laying the clay/cracker dust base.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
Chemical engineer at a gold/copper mine. Cruizy work, earn heaps, not stuck behind a desk all day and get 6 day weekends!!!

Also worked on a mango farm when i was younger which was fun. I got the job of riding the 4 wheeler round all day towing the bins of mangos from the paddock to the shed. Most of the time the bins took longer to fill than it took me to cruise to the shed and back so i got to go joyriding between bins.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
I had an angry Samoan (now ex) employee swinging a baseball bat sized piece of timber at me and that was before I sacked him. Fortunately he has calmed down a bit and has threatened to kill me if he ever sees me alone. It's the first death threat I have had in a while - I was worried I was loosing my touch!

Reaper

LMFAO :w00t:

for a second there i thought you were gay. Samoan (now ex)

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
My job last year as a computer technician was good. Drove around most of the day fixing computers or if I was feeling lazy, I could send on of the Juniors out there instead and I would fix the PC's in the workshop. Not great money but my bosses were the greatest people I could ever work for. I could get away with murder there. I could even jokingly tell them to **** off and carry on like an idiot and they were fine with it. Then I had to move to Canberra and got a job with Unisys that was terrible. I quit after 6 months and I now work on an IT helpdesk for the ACT Government. Way more money but not nearly as challenging or fun as my job in Orange. It wasn't a stressful job, yet it was very rewarding.

Torniquet

Reaction score
man all u guys being so happy about ur jobs gets me down haha.

im a 4th year apprentice mechannic. And i already want a change..im so sick of it..words cant describe how badly i need a change haha..

i love cars. but its just so frustrating..

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
i use to be a push bike mechanic at a bike shop in queensland, redcliffe. it was on the beach and i use to ride to work along the beach every morn and arvo.watch the girls go past, watch the storms roll across the bay.on a warm night,close the shop and sit out the front with a rum and coke and chat to girls from the hair dressers next door.