Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the stupidest thing you have heard someone say?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
I never had the balls to try it, but I reckon if you can get up enough speed it'll work. I reckon around 50 km/h should do it.

yep guys it can be done... i used to get the auto vp 5ltr to fire at about 60k's good if your on a steep hill but i didnt have jumper leads but i did have a tow rope a mate helped me out :thumbsup:

CraigL304

Crossed to The Dark Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6 Turbo A4
Craig Lowndes: 'I'm still moraly the champion' HAHAHA PISSA!!!!

Lowndsy is the REAL V8 supercar champion, got screwed and thats all there is to it.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
A girl in my class was tapping the computer screen to annoy me, and I said stop it before you break it. She kept doing it at which point she then stopped and said, 'Yeah I better stop it, I might break it and then the ink will run everywhere... Shes in year 12
lmao was it a crt or an lcd (Crts are the big bulky screens)

abz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 VN SS
Friend tried to tell me that a friend of a friend of his had a either a vs or vx(cant remember which one it was) clubsport with a supercharger, twin turbo and of course nos. Man that was a good laugh:d

There was a red torana around with this configuration....

Had a quick search for it, i've seen it featured in some magazine at some stage (let's guess street machines) but, yeah... it wasn't a commodore... and of course, it was mostly for show, tho it did make a fair bit of power.

Here is an artists impression:
http://www.apbworks.co.nz/torana.htm

Not sure if that cartoon was based on the car i remember, because it was red...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
We had an Austin A30 2 door 4 banger many years ago and the missus after a visit to the garage to fill it up proceeded to say that it had more that a full tank of petrol. To which we all rolled around on the floor laughing as this is simply not possible.

Her reasoning was on the hot day 44c the fuel had expanded and was running out of the filler cap and onto the ground. (the filler caps are down low on the A30's)

Standing joke for the family when filling up is have got a fuel tank or more than a full tank!!!

jay019

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
yep guys it can be done... i used to get the auto vp 5ltr to fire at about 60k's good if your on a steep hill but i didnt have jumper leads but i did have a tow rope a mate helped me out :thumbsup:

You'll have to explain this one to me.

My cars wont let me start the engine unless they are in nuetral or park. Maybe its because theyre skyline/celica and not a fully sick commodore. :whistling

Would be scary if autos could start in any gear other than park or nuetral.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
cars roll in Nuetral, why's that a problem?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
for an auto to start by key it has to be in N or P but if you roll up to 60k and put it from N to 1st the compression will kickstart the car just like a manual but harder to do u can also just leave it in first and drag it to 60k... either way will work. and i know commos are pretty good but, Bro nufink is as shick as a celica or skyline bro:p .... just playin wit ya mate

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
my girlfriend didn't know the difference between wheels and tyres, so i decided to quiz her about a few things in her engine bay. She got the first two easy (engine and battery), i then asked her where the dipstick was, she pointed at me :p
classic call there by her :D