Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the VZ SS rev limit?

wablacksv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSV8M6
Is that something that you change when you do an edit tune?

I have my rev limiter set at 6400rpm with my edit, only internal mod is the valve springs cause mine were floating around at about 5500rpm.
I have Pacemaker 4>1s, high flow cats, difillipo twin 2 1/2in cat back it revs very nicely to the limiter but 6400 is about its safe limit. Oh yea its also a M6 LS1. The edit is the best mod I've done and worth every dollar, there are so many things done in the edit all of which add to the drivability of the car, great throttle response improved torque curve and obviously heaps more power even better fuel economy(improvement of around 1.5l/100 less fuel usage). Power went from 200rwkw stock to 220rwkw with a MAF tune no mods at all then to 240rwkw with the exhaust and enclosed K&N pod CAI and tune touch up.
Go see a tuner you will not regret it, if money allows I would advise a custom tune over a mail order if you are running a few mods to get the most out of these mods especially if you are considering extractors and cats.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
:thumbsup: Thanks Davo & Brad.

LOL! That's exactly what happened to me - AND I nearly went through the windscreen! :D

Yep... :) But get this davey.. my VZ wagon stays in first when i punch it and hits the rev limiter, it dosent change automaticaly into second like our ss's..

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Press mode and set at the same time, keep them held then start your car.
Within the stats you will now see, keep pressing mode till you get to the electronic rev limiter. Put your car in first put your foot down and see exactly when it changes into 2nd..