Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is this on my air intake/throttle body?

adrian123443

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Berlina
mmm, as i said i don't use the gas system. I know some people will have their rants about how cheap it is and if i have it why not use it, but it just isn't necessary for me, id pick power over cheap gas any day.
Anyways, a full tank of petrol these days costs me between $60.00 - $70.00, and for the driving that i do lasts me around a fortnight, give or take a couple of days.
A full tank of gas is around about $40.00, and for the same driving lasts me around 7 to 8 days, with less performance than petrol. I don't know if i maybe just have a shitty system, but its not really the amazing savings people tell me it is.

my old car used to use 19 litres per 100 k's and was on gas when i bought it so i thought it was great, but now my vs uses 12 litres per 100 k's and i wouldnt dream of putting gas on it

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have a VS on factory duel fuel. Consumption is 7.9l/100km at a steady 110kmh on the highway for petrol, and 9.1l/100km for LPG. Todays prices at the local servo are 149.7 for unleaded and 65.8 for gas ... you do the math.
In the city, more like 11l/100kmh for petrol and 14l/100km for gas. Still adds up well to me. Performance is slightly down, mostly off the line, but no way is it 30kw down. Its pretty hard to tell which fuel I am using in most situations.
If your old car was a 3.8 then there was something wrong with it to use that much fuel.

adrian123443

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Berlina
I'm ashamed to say it was an AU fairmont ghia, apparently there was nothing wrong with it had it tested twice, apparently it was the way i drive, yet my vs now does 12L/100 average and i still drive the same, so glad my mate wrote that heap of **** off

jesse_lankey

what to put here?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
the bbq fuel is great if you just want to drive around normally and if you want power flick it to petrol