Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is this???????????

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
oil filter, waste of space. By the sound of the setup it would actually reduce the amount of oil being pumped up to the top of the engine. so even if your oil lasted 5 years your engine would need replacing at the same time.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I remember a bloke used to appear years ago at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney every year with an old Plymouth or something similar, fitted with one of these filters. He was demonstrating how effective they were and I think they actually used toilet rolls for filters. He used to pull the dipstick, wipe it with his finger, then clean his finger on his shirt and there was no dirt showing. I'm pretty sure it was Franz filters he was flogging.

S*V*Z**2006***

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ and VK Calais
After hours of goole ing, found out that this one is exactly the same as the Frantz only its made by Filter Technology Australia. model. FM1000

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
It is an oil spinner. What it is supposed to do is spin the oil in a circular motion to clean the oil of foreign matter like dirt and metal filings. The idea was that it was to keep your engine oil in pristine condition and therefore making the oil service interval longer; IE normal oil service 10,000Km but with the spinner, you could extend the service interval to 20,000Km. I was a lube technician for 16 years for a coach company and they fitted one of those "things" to one of the coaches. They were not a good thing at all! Damn messy is about all I can say for them