Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is wrong with my engine combo?

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Its taken me a while to get back on the forum, but i soughted out a lot of my problems. My cats had come loose and my exhaust wasnt flowing at all. I put a set of 100cpsi cats on and widened the collectors on my extractors to 2.5in and the car picked up so much power i almost fell over. It made up 24rwkw. the car on a mainline is now mkaing 191.2. but on a dyno dynamics, that would be around 210ish (would make heaps more with optimum comp). I was so excited bout the extra power that I took it to the 1/8 mile for a bit of fun. Didnt go very well though, only put 2 good runs down and got 9.3 at 80mph. Got footage on another forum. I have planned a bigger build though, which isnt going to take place until Jan next yr. But it will be a 500hp+ engine with ease. Thanks for everyones input in the past.

Movie_0001-2.flv video by VYSSLS1 - Photobucket

Thats the footage of my rig on the track. Its a bit embarracing though, I was getting heaps of clutch slip and bogging down and missing third. Gotta start somewhere though. !st run was against a turbo bettle and I lost after bogging and missing third, VERY EMBARRACING

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Movie_0001-2.flv video by VYSSLS1 - Photobucket

Thats the footage of my rig on the track. Its a bit embarracing though, I was getting heaps of clutch slip and bogging down and missing third. Gotta start somewhere though. !st run was against a turbo bettle and I lost after bogging and missing third, VERY EMBARRACING

Looks like you were having fun :). Which track is that?. 80 mph is pretty good, Stock LS1s or say, LS1s with an exhaust make about 78-79. You should be able to get it under 9 with a few more practice runs with 80 mph worth of power

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Yeh it was good fun. The track is in Whyalla SA. Didnt get to many runs becoz of the bracket racing, but im confident it wouldve gone under 9.0. Im putting a z-grip in before I try again though.