Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What ISP?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
SO what are you using? what are the limitations? What are you paying?

As some may have read i have been using cheap dialup with Supernerd for a number of years now. Only about $8per month which is all i can really justify spending on internet.

Lately they have sucked more than ever, zero customer service, no internet access without explanation yet they still send accounts. Looking for a change. Really cheap BB would be great but i know i'd get carried away and go over a limit.
Anyone else still using el-cheapo dialup?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I'm with OptusNet ADSL2+. On a 20gb peak/20gb off peak plan which costs $60 a month. Have not had one issue what so ever with them!
As for broadbrand hardly any company these days charges for excess data useage, but rather just cut your speed back to that close to dialup.

pill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Im on iinet naked dsl, costs $70 a month, includes unlimited local calls, unlimited national calls, 10 on/20 off peak (gigs), and bypasses line rental as all your calls are voip.

Only setback is you need an adsl2+ voip modem (about 150 if you go to a shop or 250 from iinet themselves), apart from that its a bargain. Get about 800kb/s average off australian servers.

Edit: go over limit is capped to 64/128k down/up, so it's still ok for gaming and voip if capped. you can be capped on peak and uncapped off.

Last edited:

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Exetel for me, 512/128 2gb peak (12pm to 12am) 48gb off peak 12am to 12pm) for $35/m. you can either have $3/gb excess or choose to be shaped. I might look at the 1500/256 with the same quota for an extra $5/m soon, just means I'll run out faster..:p

I doubt you'll find a cheaper ISP, but with cheapness don't expect great customer service or support. Having said that, I haven't had a need for support for the 3 or so years I've been with them. They do have a decent support forum though.

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
im with comcen..

10gb peak 10gb off peak

$50 a month

i hate how adsl2 is soo much cheaper then 1 these days

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
Im with big pond cable been on it for 4 years now.

coming up to the end of the second contract. they have been faultless.

i started on standard cable then when they released they're. cable extreme i jumped on it.

have had a few compliments on speed from mates also

oh yeah and i have been paying 60-70 a month for 12gb

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
adam internet adsl2 here. Was a toss up between them and internode. Adam were slightly cheaper and had a bit better reputation at the time. Think its changed now tho. Was on bigpond cable previously, dont get enough speed or downloads for the price, plus uploads counting to your download limit sucks the big one.

Adam adsl2: $54.95/month 20gb down, 20gb up

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Im on Optus Cable. 12 Gig download in Peak and 12 Off. Im paying i think 52 dollars a month but that it because i get a discount because i have optus TV and Phone.

For the first 2-3 months i had issues with optus, they had issues in the street which caused problems for the cable net but thats been fixed and ive been enjoying it for years.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Bigpond ADSL "Liberty" Plan
1500kb Download
256kb Upload
25gb Limit

$69.95 a month

No problems :)

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
TPG Here

$70 a month

40 GB on peak
110 off (pretty hard to use all this download)

Speeds are pretty good too

50LTRv8