Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What kind of cat back exaust????

onefifty

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a vz ss ute and am sick of the sowing machine sounding exaust they stick on these days. I want to get a cat back so i dont interfear with warrenty and the like. Any ideas on some brands etc, I just want it to sound like a nice rumbling v8 should, nothing to loud or ridiculous.

And also anyone from auckland, nz around that knows a good place to get work on a holden done.

Thanks

Ralph1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SSZ
Go with a Di Fillipino 2.5" twin system, but if you want a better sound add a set of Tri-Y extractors as well.

cheers

Ralph

stevenwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sPac UTE
Whats cracken!
Does ne1 kno a good exhaust an extractors for a Spac ute i just want it 2 av a bit of balls for a 6. Would i need a cam to make it sound better an wht brand?

cheers

Ralph1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SSZ
stevenwilson said:
Whats cracken!
Does ne1 kno a good exhaust an extractors for a Spac ute i just want it 2 av a bit of balls for a 6. Would i need a cam to make it sound better an wht brand?

cheers
Same as above, if you want a better sound you need headers and combine them with a good exhaust.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
best ive heard on a VY thou was 4 into 1 extractors paceys, opened up stock cats, into a single 3inch with 1 muffler, loud yes but a really nice tone..

Supercat mufflers are awesome for sound aswell !

N

nickel

What would you expect to pay for a 2 1/2 in cat back system with cross join thru seperate rear mufflers?

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
For a Ute or Sedan? What brand?

Di Fillipo systems are not on the cheap side. They will generally set you back a little over the $1000 mark.

Red Back is another popular brand that does Cat-back systems. These can be had for about the $350-$700 mark, depending on who you know etc.

Hope that gives you an indication of prices.

N

nickel

Thanks........It's for my VZ SS 6M. I just want it to make a descent noise without being to loud & without spending s..tloads. At the moment it is too quiet for what is under the bonnet.

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
I know what you mean there. Mine was too quiet, hell my old 4cyl had more noise than the SS. After the cat back though she really came to life.

Extractors make it louder again so if you don't mind the odd bit of attention from the boys in blue they are another thing to consider.

Lets not forget that adding the cat back and extractors will certainly help out in the torque/power market.