Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What kind of Tyres do you have?

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
B J said:
Hello all, I'm in the market for some new rubber. I currently have Yokohamas A539's. I have been impressed with how quiet they are. But like most things, they aren't being made anymore. So I have to decide on something else, and when it comes to tyres I find it pretty hard deciphering
all the sales mombo because they all recon they are the best. So was just wanting to hear some of your experiences. Cheers

They don't make the A539 anymore :my:
I had them on my Vn with 15" wheels, I couldn't fault them, best grip as well in dry and wet. That isn't fair. Why do they make such good products then halt their production.

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
RE92's on 15's alloys the biggest pos tyres ever made no grip on wet roads just plain dangerous

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
I am currently running my car on some 205/60/15 Goodyear Decaro GA's on my VT wagon and so far have found them to be a very good tyre especialy in the wet and with very heavy loads in the boot (600+ kg).

dunno vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s1
Spyper said:
I'm on nankang NS2's 18" as well. Not the greatest in the wet though.

yeah im running the same and wet weather sees the tires spinning up way to easily, and you dont have to do much to lose traction either when drivin:driving:

B J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS
Italian Stallion said:
RE92's on 15's alloys the biggest pos tyres ever made no grip on wet roads just plain dangerous

Yes I agree, I had a set of RE92's on my VR many year ago and they were just rediculous. This is why I am asking for people experiences.

wpnvrss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
I have black rubber ones, they go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
they sound like good tyres i need to get some !!:hit:

jvp007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 S
I run Goodyear E-Ventura's 225/50 R16. Got them 45,000km ago and they are not half worn yet. I do most of my driving on the highways. Wet performance on them is pretty good. They costed $169 per tyre at Bobjane.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Im running Yokahamas S760 205/65/15 with nitrogen great tyre 4 wet and dry main thing u gotta look out 4 wen buying tyres is ask where they r manufactured (not sold) as most tyres r made poorly in certain countrys. all tyre dealers well encourage u 2 buy wat eva product they have as they have 2 coz thats there dealership. Also depends on how much money ur willing 2 pay?? to help id even look into puttin nitro in ur tyres as they save u 25% less wear on ur tyre and keep them cooler, u never have 2 check ur tyre pressure with this.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Falken 235/40/R18.. Bloody grips everything on the road..

I could probably drive up the grand canyon with em.. Very happy..

Although it makes skidding around corners a lot harder.. You can do it, just need more speed then you do with the 15" Bridgestones I had before..