Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what looks better, fog lights or no foglights, VR- VS

WHat looks better, folights or not

• Leave the empty bezels

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Buy the foggies and put them in

Votes: 38 90.5%

• Total voters

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
i see your asking about the chrome strip. just look on ebay and look for chrome strips.
picked up a 10m roll for like $90 and fitted perfectly to the front bar (did sides aswell)

and id say put them in although if you had pcitures without it it would be good to compare.

If i was to repaint it i'd probably try to re use my current one lol. 90 bucks for the chrome is a bit much for what it is

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
Buy the genuine lights and put them in, every time I see a statesman( I know your's is a calais) they generally don't have the foggies the caprice runs and it looks like something's missing. Till the day I saw one with supercheap one's in there. Big fail.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
genuine is always good, but im not sure if u've read over this thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/175384-driving-fog-lights.html but have a read, and i guess find out what purpose u will use the lights for..

genuine foggies are good for fog, the sca lights are driving lights.. so again i throw another thing in the mix for you to consider ;)
I have purchased the sca lights when i eventually do the conversion because i want a more direct throw of light as aposed to light spread.

Hym1e

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
If you go genuine I've heard that they heat up alot to the point of snapping the glass. Having said that, that was from ppl leaving them on while driving during the day. so if you only use them for fog as intended go genuine :)