Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What lowering springs do you recommend

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
mate your ride looks pretty sweet , nice height too , thats about what im looking for ,did you change shocks too ?

Cheers mate. The suspension was on the car when I got it, which is why I'm not sure what the springs are called, and it has comfort gas shocks front and rear (which I can't find part numbers for). When I rang pedders to find out about them they said they would reccomend those springs for anyone after handling more than looks (apart from coilovers etc of course).
The ride is pretty firm and the front end can skip around a bit on bumpy corners but its a big step up from standard.

I'll jump under the car in a but and find those spring numbers for you sometime tonight

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
Cheers mate. The suspension was on the car when I got it, which is why I'm not sure what the springs are called, and it has comfort gas shocks front and rear (which I can't find part numbers for). When I rang pedders to find out about them they said they would reccomend those springs for anyone after handling more than looks (apart from coilovers etc of course).
The ride is pretty firm and the front end can skip around a bit on bumpy corners but its a big step up from standard.

I'll jump under the car in a but and find those spring numbers for you sometime tonight

dont spose you found those spring numbers mate ?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
dont spose you found those spring numbers mate ?

Sorry, I completely forgot about that.

Rears are 2123 and fronts 2151. The pedders site doesn't say anything about them except that they are sports ryder springs, which is why I had to ring up

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd recommend something around Low - super low. I run bilsteins in my VP and you will have a hard time convincing me to that kings or Pedders are better.

Reaper

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
Sorry, I completely forgot about that.

Rears are 2123 and fronts 2151. The pedders site doesn't say anything about them except that they are sports ryder springs, which is why I had to ring up

Thanks mate appreciate that , will check out the local stores

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
I'd recommend something around Low - super low. I run bilsteins in my VP and you will have a hard time convincing me to that kings or Pedders are better.

Reaper

what type of springs you got ?

06vzcalais

Reaction score
i just put teins under my vz they maybe jap brand blah blah blah but they are now assembled and made in aus by fulcrum had minor problems With link rods just a fault in the engineering process they actually snapped and punctured my tyre

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
so the springs were at fault or the link rods? i would say failure, snapping isnt a minor fault!!

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
i just put teins under my vz they maybe jap brand blah blah blah but they are now assembled and made in aus by fulcrum had minor problems With link rods just a fault in the engineering process they actually snapped and punctured my tyre

ah true. well ive got teins in the rear of my senator...looks sweet with the adjusters removed and i'd say its a perfect height.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
it was just a "fault" with the process of Manufacture casting problem the item was "pre Fractured" when fitted to my car not noticable untill broken i drove around withou link rods for 2 daays till they arrived at the workshop as i needed my car for work so link rods arent a majour component really (hence me saying minor)
Disturbed: so you got adjustable rears?? as i only have set rear adjustable front but it sits low in the ass low enough for me anyways and legal 100mm clearance at front as im a P plater and any undue attention from cops would be a bad thing and my side skirts already display maccas driveway symptoms