Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what manifold for my 5 litre

micky vn man

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 calias
ok so i have some cash aside for a manifold for my 5 litre.whats the difference between dual plane , single plane? hi rise? low rise ? etc the cam i have peak power is 3000 to 6500 rpm.what manifold would be best? and i also see that most of them looks like theres a carby got to go onto it? how do you get around that ..the bannana manifold isnt the greatest so yea..plz help me out guys

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I'm not really any sort of expert on the specific application of single plane vs dual plane.

But the carby thing - most aftermarket EFI Holden manifolds are designed to be used with either a carby or a 4 barrel EFI throttle body. The throttle body looks like a carb, but it's simply a centrally mounted throttle body (no fuel goes through the throttle body, only air) injectors still are mounted into the injector bosses in the manifold.

I went for a Trickshift twin throttle manifold which is basically a chopped down bananas manifold with a plenum and dual throttles fitted. Looks similar to a Grp A manifold, but not quite as good, a lot cheaper though and it does work well and maintains the 'injected look'. Although still cost over $2500. So the cheapest option is usually the carb style manifolds available from the likes of Harrop, COME, Torque Power etc

fuel_within

Chief Executive
Reaction score
Members Ride
CUSTOM VS
Go the COME Racing manifold. Expensive but they work and are the best manifold to use on the 5L IMO.