Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what method is used to steal these models of commodore?

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
so, by the figures of my quotation.... somebody owning a $70,000 new clubsport, should be payingover $10,000 a year for cover of $70,000. does anyone out there pay this much? im pretty sure not
trying to rip me the insurance company is. they are being well harsh on me for some reason. f' em. in 5 years, if i stil have my car, its practically free if i dont pay for insurance. thats a game i would like to play. at least i have a chance of a win that way.

adept

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Executive & 99 VT XU8
would love to have some sort of remote taiser device fitted to the seat actually. so if someone nicks it you could fry that scumbags ass.
a) its probably a little bit illegal
c) it would probably malfunction and fry my ass
^

just on this one, i had a co-worker tell me a story of their brother that had a HQ that was reknowned for getting knocked off every friday in geelong "back in the day".

having enough of the joyriders, he grabbed a spare car battery and wire door mat and put it under the seatcover with some bits of the mat exposed.
the following friday - someone made an attempt on the car and apparently the coppers rocked up the car owners and tried to charge him rather than the would be thief..

so... illegal = yes.

(on the flipside, i wish those undercarriage flamethrowers they have in sth africa were legal here - it would at least keep the bums on alexandria pde from trying to wash my friggen windows for some crack money)

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
i would think as much would happen as what happened to your mate. same applies if you catch a vurglar in your house and bust his skull with a bat or something. its worse in america. over there robbers can sue you if they injure themselves whilst robbing your house......
your mates problem was that he didnt wire it up to enough batteries to finish the thief off. dead men tell no tales

:D

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
would love to have some sort of remote taiser device fitted to the seat actually. so if someone nicks it you could fry that scumbags ass.
a) its probably a little bit illegal
c) it would probably malfunction and fry my ass
^

just on this one, i had a co-worker tell me a story of their brother that had a HQ that was reknowned for getting knocked off every friday in geelong "back in the day".

having enough of the joyriders, he grabbed a spare car battery and wire door mat and put it under the seatcover with some bits of the mat exposed.
the following friday - someone made an attempt on the car and apparently the coppers rocked up the car owners and tried to charge him rather than the would be thief..

so... illegal = yes.

(on the flipside, i wish those undercarriage flamethrowers they have in sth africa were legal here - it would at least keep the bums on alexandria pde from trying to wash my friggen windows for some crack money)

Ha, reminds me of a guy I knew years ago. He got sick of having his HG or HK (can't remember as it was so long ago) getting broken into whilst is was parked in front of his house, so he wired up a coil to the door handle with a remote switch. A few days later a copper came knocking on his door and fined him for booby trapping his car cause some aboriginal got a shock when he tried breaking into it! What a world we live in.

RIDE:42

crew chief
Reaction score
Members Ride
vuss
Go the kill switch and always deadlock it will slow them down more than an alarm and club lock may stop a kid.
Done a lot of repo work and stolen recovery when i was in sydney .You would be shocked by how easy it is to get into and move most cars.By the way fords are by far the easiest to get but why would you want to ha ha

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I like the club and flashing red alarm light to deter amateur criminals or at least encorage them to choose an easier car

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
i see your point boominvn, as a lot of drivers around here dont even have victorian licences, and cant drive for ****. i doubt you would hear from them again after an accident. so insurance would be useful MAYBEE there. ive lived in the area for over 10 years and driven nearly every day, and only had some near misses so far. mind you i do keep my eyes peeled. and dont make a habit of falling asleep at the wheel or smashing into non moving objects. (how bad of a driver do ya have to be to do that **** anyway?)
but.....
i rang shannons this arvo, and those jokers want 1700 premium a year for 11000 cover. WTF!!!! are they frigging crazy. no way im gonna pay that much. thats borderline piracy. im 40 years old for chrissake! u all know where they can stick that quote and rotate. i mean... fair crack of the whip. ive had no claims b4 or anything. that price is just BS.
i will try my last insurer (aami) next, and see what they have to say for themselves, but dont think they will insure a clubby. i better find out though. if its more than 800 they can get stuffed! id rather fix the prang myself at that price.
looks like another sale for clublock coming up

Dude, It's not a case of "is my car worth the cover", it's also a case of being covered up to $20mil of damages.
ie: if you run up the back of a merc/bmw, or go through the front of someones house, are you going to be able to write a check on the spot or go to the ATM and get the cash out to fix it? more than likely not if you're complaining about $1700 a year insurance. Don't forget the court cases, they all rack up quickly! trust me dude, i been there before!

Also, if you're buying a $70k new clubby Holden organise the compusary comprehensive insurance from the dealership, and that's not optional, so you won't have the option of shopping around.

All in all, hey, I don't really care if you do or don't get insurance, just don't want you to make the same mistake as me when I was younger.
I just hope for your sake, you don't hit my merc and can't pay for it, or ****'s goin down! :p

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
what are they gonna do?
Sue me i suppose. Big deal really. My life would be pretty shitty at that point anyway.
Im not really that young either, and am not enough of a dipstick to run into a house.
How drunk would u need to be to do that??

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
if i hit your merc and no insurance, and the **** goes down, unfortunately, u will go to jail in this day and age. Not me.... You
its called road rage