Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what mods for 12's L76 vz ss

sik.litre

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6.0
Boys,

Just want to get advice on some tryed and proven mods for good 60ft times and at least mid 12's down the quarter mile.

weapon of choice: VZ SS 6.0ltr, Auto.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
-full exhaust
-maf less tune
-otr
-diff gears would also help 3.7-3.9

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
As angelo mentioned with a cam, good set of heads and a hi stall and it will be awsome to drive.

See Andrew at Kostecki Engine Center in Malaga (www.kec.com.au). They are very good.

sik.litre

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6.0
Thanks for that I'll visit them tomorrow.

Would a 3500 high stall be to full on.

I:m thinking ;

3.9 ratio, 3500 stall, 3 inch exhaust, otr, maffless and come cam package through Eddy Tassone at Active Automotives.

But before I signed the cheque, I thought I would get some advice from rev heads like yourselfs.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
Check out this site as well: http://www.waperf.com.au/

Not too sure how far it is from you. They're a sponsor of another forum and they seem to come up with the goods in terms of LS1s.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
yeah 3500 would be good ls2's need higher stalls as there is really nothing down low, its all up high. Eddy Tassone is also very good ive driven a couple of his cammed gen 3's and they are really quick. They will both probably send you to top quality transmissions for your stall. Those guys worked on my V6 box and it is awsome to say the least.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
yeah 3500 would be good ls2's need higher stalls as there is really nothing down low, its all up high.

You're not thinking about an LS1 are you? LS2s are quite grunty down low, definitely would not classify it as 'nothing'. Oh and VZ SS' did not come with the LS2 only HSVs did. The motor would be an L76.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
yeah i was on about the l76 i didnt realise the ls2's were only in the hsv's. still they do lack low down when compaed to something like the 5.4 boss motors. You should still wait to see the specs of the cam your going to use (if your are going to be using a different cam) before deciding on your stall speeds.

sik.litre

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6.0
yeah my bad its a L76.

3500 stall it is then... That was recommended for the custom Come cam that Eddie wants to fit. I was just not sure how streetable it would be.
But thats not as important as giving those bloody turbo fords a scare!!!

with headers should I go 4 into 1 or tri y?????.

cheers for the links

Last edited:

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
takl to eddy about the exhaust mate, everyone has there own theories. in my experience with gen 3's larger primary 4 into 1's produced more horsepower when fitted to modified engines (heads, cam and usual intake mods) but they did loose a bit of torque in the lower rev ranges. Those coupled to a twin 3 inch with hi flow cats would be my recomendation. (though a costly exercise)
3500 will still be reasonably streetable it should still engage around 2800. you will loose a bit of fuel economy though (then again the cam wont help matters either)