Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What mods would i have to do to get an NA Vt to produce 180KW at the flywheel?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
ive just done some mace things to my vt 99 berlina. Memcal, plenium spacer, lukey catback, mace air box and still need to flush out my radiator and put in my 82c thermostate. But from those mods car feels so much healther. and it goes harder mainly around the 2k to 4k rpm mark, and dont have to floor it just to get it upto 100km/h as quick. How much kw increase do you think i'd be at with these mods up front 147kw?

Put it on a dyno and find out.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Don't try logic on people with 6 cylinders they just arc up at you.

Very true in most cases, but if I can just save one life then it's all been worth it! LOL

MACE

Reaction score
ive just done some mace things to my vt 99 berlina. Memcal, plenium spacer, lukey catback, mace air box and still need to flush out my radiator and put in my 82c thermostate. But from those mods car feels so much healther. and it goes harder mainly around the 2k to 4k rpm mark, and dont have to floor it just to get it upto 100km/h as quick. How much kw increase do you think i'd be at with these mods up front 147kw?
At the wheels, peak power would be increased by around 10rwkw give or take or approximately 160kw at the fly. I use the flywheel term loosely though.

Isn't a V8 with cold air intake 180@flywheel so just buy a V8 and you've got a great tow vehicle to boot?
I suppose at the end of the day people enjoy the modding process, which is why people will mod pretty much everything.

Does it make sense? If they're largely happy with the car currently runs I would say yes.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
I'm about to make an order from Mace for my vy tonner. This order includes the 1.9:1 rockers, 69mm throttle body, and a pcm tune. The ute already has the 25mm manifold insulator, 12mm plenum space, 82 degree thermostat, and the Mace CAI. With the form I have to fill out for the PCM tune, is there anything I should make a special mention of or request so I get the best possible performance?

MACE

Reaction score
I'm about to make an order from Mace for my vy tonner. This order includes the 1.9:1 rockers, 69mm throttle body, and a pcm tune. The ute already has the 25mm manifold insulator, 12mm plenum space, 82 degree thermostat, and the Mace CAI. With the form I have to fill out for the PCM tune, is there anything I should make a special mention of or request so I get the best possible performance?

vy1tonnerbloke,

Just list the mods that you've currently got and what you want specially from the re-calibrated PCM and we'll do our best to accommodate for your needs. If we're unsure about something specific then we'll let you know, no problems at all

If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Steve. You're a legend.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
buy an sv6 write off and swap the engine over and ecu and you have 190.
Could set him back more than a supercharger?.

Grab all the mace gear. Rockers Spacers tune thermostat, exhaust shift kit and just make sure the engine is healthy and that 180 shouldn't be all that hard to achieve.

VSCristian

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VP Commodore Executive V8 A4

My previous VS had 138rwkw... The engine was in very good nick, however, my baby had:

FIT air box (very similar to the MACE one)
4inch induction piping
Plenum and manifold spacers
Full exhaust
tune.

She was alot of fun to drive, especially since she was a base exec which made her very light. Was very scary to drive in the wet.

She pissed a few people off: my missus' sister bought a new SIDI Sv6 at the time and Jenna (my VS) was dead even in the straight line.. but not in the corners.

Pity I wrote her off.. (High Range PCA.. the stupidest mistake of my life, and all of you who drink and drive are a reckless pack of wankers)

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy1tonnerbloke,

Got your order and we're working on it today. Everything should be sent up today, except for the computer which will be sometime next week.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks again Steve. Can you just talk me through the process you guys go through to actually achieve the tunes you send out? As long as it doesn't give away too many of your secrets lol.