Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What petrol is best

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
wish i had thought of putting ultimate in my car before i got it tuned might have got a few extra killawasps :/

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Yep, like others I run BP Ultimate, and when the price is to high I use the BP Unleaded 95. Would try E85 if I could but the car is not designed for it....

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Lol, where do u get that from in Melb???

Your local servo. Most servo's have LPG. Even IF E85 is as good as LPG, LPG is still half the price of E85 = win all the way to the performance bank!

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
excellent my car is beeing tuned today ... and it has a tank full of bp ultimate ... on a side note LPG IS **** ... have been there done that ... wont go back again ... i havent got an E85 capable car so i wont comment on it but i hate E10 and refuse to put it in anything GRRR ... but anyway thanks i thought BP might come up trumps ... i have been using it for a while and i was just curious as to everyone elses oppinions

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Always have and always will use bp ultimate esp in older vehicles,newer cars ethanol capable might try other stuff :)

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I will have to disagree on that... E85 is the best quality fuel and cleanest.

Two main criteria I have when selecting a fuel is I need to actually be able to run it in my car, and buy it from petrol stations. E85 fails both those tests so ill stick to BP ultimate and Mobil 98RON.

Shell Vpower is the worst ive tried by far

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
i had lpg and i put premium from 7/11. coz my car started on petrol then gas. so i put the good stuff for petrol and i drive on petrol for one day a week as weel