Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What r the best mods

skinnyscotton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
What do u reckon the best mods are for a VR V6 ute, i got single exhaust ported out to twin 2 and 1/2 and i aint changing that cos i got the meanest sound for a 6, but i got the usual k and n pod filter and thats about it. what else do u guys reckon? any help would be much appreciated. estimated prices would be a bonus to. thanks

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Got the exhaust ported to twin 2.5"? what's the wall thickness on that tube? lol

As for the rest, how fast do you want to spend?:)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
twin 2.5" on a n/a V6. only slight overkill really. to build a engine to suit that zorst i'd suggest either a supecharger or turbo running 20psi

skinnyscotton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
Lol yeah man bad choose of words but u know what i mean but thanks for the comment lol

skinnyscotton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
yeah i know its a bit of a overkill, its mainly for looks but for some reasons its got an awesome not and gurgle to it so im gonna leave it

skinnyscotton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
i'd spend anything in reason ay but yeah as long as i get what i pay for if u get my drift.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
twin 2.5" on a n/a V6. only slight overkill really. to build a engine to suit that zorst i'd suggest either a supecharger or turbo running 20psi

You can have a twin system on a NA V6 without letting it breathe too much, just put a single 2.5" cat in, then split it. Voila. Get the note without 'porting' it out too much lol

In all seriousness, if you are hell bent on keeping the 6, put a blower on it. either a screw or centrifugal, have a look around and see what's available. You can put one of those on a stock engine and as long as you don't get greedy with the boost, you both will live a long and prosperous life. The End. he he he

skinnyscotton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
Thanks VT-565 im not gonna hear the end of the 'ported' stuff up for a while i can see but yeah thanks for ur feedback guys, another question how do i make a link to some photo's of my ute as i have seen alot of ppl do it and i reckon its a pretty sic idea

StockoVRWagz

Formerly White50L
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Wagon
If its an anto get a shift kit. A stage 2 for my V8 was $400 with corvette servo, so it would be round the same I think. Get a decent cam for it, extractors if you dont have them yet, maybe get your engine internals a bit worked too, then get a greenfoam tune.