Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should i do next?

vq_statss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statsman..5lt
yeh dosent sound right my vq has a crook auto and i punch it to half throtle both wheels light up .....dont know nothing about car just bought it.pretty stock i think.

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
i have to say go for the cam. if your confident you can install it your self. but if you want it to run its best id say to get the heads ported/polished and reflowed to the cam specs......as i am doing with mine.
you will also need a stall only a small one like 2500rpm but it will all be worth it.
if the top end of your engine is built right you will make more power from installing the cam and having the heads done than just bolting a charger on, but you wonk have the whine from the charger

also my vn 5ltr would light the tyres off the line as a stocker. so it will be interesting to see what it dose with a cam and head work

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
Hmmm, so many choices and possibilities. I keep changing my mind about what i want to do and what i think would be best. this would be so much easier if it was a manual or i didn't care about everyday drivability. but i'm chasing the best of both worlds i think which makes it all hard.

i'll get the auto looked at and see if there is maybe a problem there and then flip a coin to decide what the best way to go. The other thing is it just might get the power of the mark alot better then alot of other cars, i've had a v6 vn and a v6 vs before this one and this thing has just got way more grip then they did. IRS, 235-45 pirellis, and good suspension?

I want to avoid a high stall converter if possible as i don't like how cars drive with big stall converters , even the 3.73 were a noticable improvement up and down hills at 60 the few extra revs just seems to lock the converter where it should.

what is the rpm rating of the stock converters?

If i shift kit it i still want smooth changes with light throttle. Is that possible?

Great to win the lotto and do everything at once so your not guessing at where you going to stop and doing stuff to suit what you might do in the future.

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
Whats the chances the twin 2.5 inch exhaust is the problem?

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
problem solvered, go a cam and a blower, with a shot of nitrous.

u will have the best off all worlds...:D

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
I wish. The other thing i was looking at was legal and insurance. lol.

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
blower is legal, camshaft not so, unless tuned correctly and meets emissions.

nitrous according to what ive heard lately....not even allowed in car at all, yearsago was ok, unless u got pulled over and the bottle was on, it was up to the policemans descretion.