Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What size are std efi inlet ports

darky82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1 5.7L
Hi, wondering if any one has info on 5.0L efi inlet manifold intake runner sizes looking at buying a ported inlet manifold but the port size is 28mm x 50mm with a 70 mm machined thottle body, i measured my old gasket and its 31mm x 63mm my stock manifold seems bigger or is that just how big the gasket spacing is

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Hi, wondering if any one has info on 5.0L efi inlet manifold intake runner sizes looking at buying a ported inlet manifold but the port size is 28mm x 50mm with a 70 mm machined thottle body, i measured my old gasket and its 31mm x 63mm my stock manifold seems bigger or is that just how big the gasket spacing is
maybe measure ya stock manifold...if uv still got it! i just had mine off to do the gaskets but its all bolted back down now...sorry bud!

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
i thought porting heads and manifolds was to bring the outlet shapes out to the gasket measurements to give a cleaner and higher flow of air...your not gonna gain much with a 2mm increase on one dimension only...just bolt up the 70mm throttle to your standard manifold, the gains will be about the same anyhow and cheaper...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not much gain with 2mm?
Totally depends where you take the material from.

or loose if you take it from the wrong spot

darky82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1 5.7L
Think i will just get mine done to match, got my heads today and they are 32mm x 50mm , was looking at the intake chanber and there seems to be still a bit of meat on the sides just inside the opening, can this be removed with no side effects or is it not worth the hastle

Attachments

• 01032011014.jpg
    01032011014.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 129

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
Not much gain with 2mm?
Totally depends where you take the material from.

i think you missunderstand what ive said but you do carry on dont you...please give me the benefit of your wisdom as to why 2mm is a substantive gain for the cost involved...and dispute that matching the heads and manifold to the gasket size doesnt give better or cleaner flow...