Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What size rims

Hank

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 ve series 2 sv6 ute
Thanks for your help , looking at a stock set of 2016 ssv 19 inch rims on gumtree , would they fit on my ve without any shagging around .
Cheers Hank

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Anything thats genuine holden or hsv will have no issues

Hank

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 ve series 2 sv6 ute
So offset and all that other stuff goes out the window even though these rims are of a different model and from a different year . Also what about tyre size taking into account that its a day drive for work.
Hank

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
So offset and all that other stuff goes out the window even though these rims are of a different model and from a different year . Also what about tyre size taking into account that its a day drive for work.
Hank
Tyre size is depends on wheel size, and is selected to keep the same rolling diameter so yoyr speedo isnt out, a 20 inch tyre will have a skinnier wall then a 19, as the wheel and tyre height for both will end up being the same, a 19 inch wheel will have more protection to some extent as it will have more tyre wall.

Offsets wont matter from ve to vf as they are both the same body.

If you really want a strong/reliable rim id recommend the vf series 2, 19 inch redline wheels as they are forged or semi forged! Id check gumtree or the facebook market place and you might find some with some good condition bridgestones still on.

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
IMG_1775.JPG
I have a 2011 ve 2 ute with factory 18 in rims , i would like to put 19 in rims on. I wont the 19 to fit straight on without any mucking about, can someone let me know what would fit from 2011 to 2016 straight up please
Hank
I have just put the above mentioned VF 2 Redline 19's on my series 2 VE sedan and love them and obviously had no issues at all fitting, I got my brand new still had the factory stickers on them when I picked them up

Kirbs454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 Redline
View attachment 191242
I have just put the above mentioned VF 2 Redline 19's on my series 2 VE sedan and love them and obviously had no issues at all fitting, I got my brand new still had the factory stickers on them when I picked them up
Just fitted the same rims to my SS wagon. Yours would look epic with a set of red Brembo's!

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Just fitted the same rims to my SS wagon. Yours would look epic with a set of red Brembo's!
Yeah I know, I am trying to hunt down a set of brembo's to fit but not the easiest thing to find and they get snapped up quick plus it's a hell of a lot of $$$ to spend

Kirbs454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 Redline
At the moment there's a few set on Ebay from wreckers in Melbourne (Haden Performace Wrecking), They've got Front only and Front and rear kits off cars that have done not many K's. I bought a set of Front calipers with DBA T3 rotors last week, should be here tomorrow and I'll fit them over Easter, will post pics. I got mine off gumtree, there's a few band new sets on there, plus a few second ones too.

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
At the moment there's a few set on Ebay from wreckers in Melbourne (Haden Performace Wrecking), They've got Front only and Front and rear kits off cars that have done not many K's. I bought a set of Front calipers with DBA T3 rotors last week, should be here tomorrow and I'll fit them over Easter, will post pics. I got mine off gumtree, there's a few band new sets on there, plus a few second ones too.
Would be helpful if I was over there in Aus, over here in NZ they don't seem to be so readily available and ppl tend to be wanting around the 2k mark for them when they do come available, I am in no rush to get them so will keep looking