Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what size tyres are legal on my vs

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
It does get frustrating when just about every "Can I run this rim" thread turns into people sprouting crap they have no idea about.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Insurance guidelines are different to the legal standpoint of the RTA. Which is what this thread is about. And if your car is complying with all relevent requirements to keep it road legal then Insurance companies wont have a legal leg to stand on when you challenge their decision in court.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
I know what he was saying I was letting them know about insurance , not worth putting them on if they won't insure his car.
so yea they can go on but they may scrap the guards . Allianz only was going 2" bigger on there policy , I had 3" bigger rims. Its best to check with your state laws. go to ya local tyre dealer they will help.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I know what he was saying I was letting them know about insurance , not worth putting them on if they won't insure his car.
so yea they can go on but they may scrap the guards . Allianz only was going 2" bigger on there policy , I had 3" bigger rims. Its best to check with your state laws. go to ya local tyre dealer they will help.

i linked his state laws. if his insurance company doesnt follow state laws, he can always change insurance policies.

be more specific in your post next time, try noting that YOUR insurance company only allows 2" bigger in the initial post, which has NOTHING to do with roadworthiness.

bigger wheels wont scrape guards any more than stock wheels unless the wrong tyres are fitted or the wheels are the wrong offset. its not rocket surgery.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

It may be bullshit, but if a cop wants to be an asshole he's not going to sit there and calculate your rolling diameter.

That's why I say just slap em' on. People worry about it too much.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
It may be bullshit, but if a cop wants to be an asshole he's not going to sit there and calculate your rolling diameter.

That's why I say just slap em' on. People worry about it too much.

so why post misinformation? if just confuses people more with yet another theory about whats legal and whats not.

cops can defect you for anything, we know this, the onus is on you to make sure its legal. if you have the correct tyre fitted, clearing a defect will be a cake walk.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
i linked his state laws. if his insurance company doesnt follow state laws, he can always change insurance policies.

be more specific in your post next time, try noting that YOUR insurance company only allows 2" bigger in the initial post, which has NOTHING to do with roadworthiness.

bigger wheels wont scrape guards any more than stock wheels unless the wrong tyres are fitted or the wheels are the wrong offset. its not rocket surgery.

ok professor im sorry I gave him heads up.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Still waiting on pictures of young lass.

on_d_tox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS spac S2
Urgh this again. Any wheel is fine as long as the rolling diameter is within I believe 10% of the largest rim and tyre offered. 245/40 will probably scrub though will have to move to a 30 or 35 profile. If your going to comment please check your facts instead of just spouting old rules. Also the centre bore is the same from VN to VZ. VE had a smaller centre bore.

Although in saying that OP hasn't even given a location so who knows where they are.

sorry in Adelaide the nanny state lol

on_d_tox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS spac S2
It does get frustrating when just about every "Can I run this rim" thread turns into people sprouting crap they have no idea about.

sorry for causing the frustration dood. i know i can legally run up to 19s now due to law changes but the question was about the tyres even tho im an ex tyre fitter i was only in truck never really had anything to do with the car side so i dont know crap about passenger tyre sizes