Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what sort of value?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
nice ride, sorry to hear your thinking off selling it. i know that urge to drive a V8. got it too but for daily use i do prefer the V6. nice list of mods, it's unfortunate that you'll never recupe all that time/effort/money that we put into our cars

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
What sort of fuel economy do you get with that with general driving/highway? And does it have climate control?

i used to get around 11L/100k's for my weekly driving, mostly around town and up to brissy twice a week. just on the highway i worked out last time i drove to nsw that it was getting around 7-8L/100k's.
i say "i used to" because i havent checked it since getting the microtech, but it does seem to be thirstier. it doesnt have climate control, its only an equipe which is based of the exec model, but with added power windows and cruise (and some other crap which ive taken off).

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Before reading what anyone else on here estimated I thought "$10K". I reckon you'll get 10K for it. List it for $11.5K and see how you go I reckon. What else can 11.5K get you? It doesn't get a Gen3 and thats your only real competition power-wise. Car is exceptionally clean and well looked after so you've got everything going for you and should make $10K+ easily enough.

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
Another thought for you, is look into what you might get if you through in a stock v6 and auto and sold the motor and gear box separate.

i gave it a little bit of thought then decided against it. I thought i new someone who might be interested in the engine etc. but other financial comitments are in the way at the moment.

thats the problem with modified cars everyone wants to do it for themselves not pay for what some body has already done.

they seem like real good fuel economy figures as well for what it is to, but sorry i talked my self out of it pretty quick.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, that could of been a possibility...although im not too sure if i could be bothered taking out the engine and everything to sell separately.
ive definately not decided to sell my car, just for those who are wondering, im more "thinking about" selling - maybe - and i was wondering just how much would i sell it for if i choose to.
cheers for the estimates and advice though guys...it was pretty close to what i was thinking. before i wrote this thread i was throwing around figures in my head like $12k-$13k as a starting point for selling, although im completely biased - thus why i thought id put the question out there to others.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I think you would be lucky to get 8k, havent read any other posts, alot of people arent buying these cars now.

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
put it on carsales.com for $13K make it clear your not willing to negotiate the price and see if some one bites. If it is exactly what some one wants they'll pay for it. If not you won't get a call about it. Let it decide for you.

Are we allowed to ask what it owes you? i'm guessing at least double what you would get for it? (which sucks unfortunatley, but doesn't stop us spending big $ on cars)

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
I think you would be lucky to get 8k, havent read any other posts, alot of people arent buying these cars now.

I doubt that, its more likely to get around 10k, someone would buy it for that if it was for sale, someone would probbaly pay more too, and remember it would keep up or beat ur XR8 (assuming its stock), due to the difference in weight and for a fraction of the price, also quite a few young fellas are buying these cars as they are cheap and good bang for your buck.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais

yeah, well i dont know about that. as for people "not buying these cars now" have a look around the forum - close to half the people on here own a VR-VS, so they're a popular older model.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
put it on carsales.com for $13K make it clear your not willing to negotiate the price and see if some one bites. If it is exactly what some one wants they'll pay for it. If not you won't get a call about it. Let it decide for you.

Are we allowed to ask what it owes you? i'm guessing at least double what you would get for it? (which sucks unfortunatley, but doesn't stop us spending big $ on cars)

at a rough guess id say ive spent maybe $20-$25k not including the purchase price.....and still spending.