Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Special Edition build number did you get??

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
If anyone is interested for future times when you need to nab something fast, like concert tickets or whateva, generally I've found your smart phone using a 4G network (not connected to wifi) works quite a bit faster than any pc or laptop via LAN/wifi/NBN etc.
This is what i did and worked a treat, has worked well in the past for other tickets too when ive heard other people having issues on their pc etc trying to get the same tickets.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
If anyone is interested for future times when you need to nab something fast, like concert tickets or whateva, generally I've found your smart phone using a 4G network (not connected to wifi) works quite a bit faster than any pc or laptop via LAN/wifi/NBN etc.
This is what i did and worked a treat, has worked well in the past for other tickets too when ive heard other people having issues on their pc etc trying to get the same tickets.
That's what I ended up doing, worked a treat

Dizzy K

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Yeah bugger. I know how you felt. It was happening to me to. The bloody NBN internet at work slowed me down. Wss lucky in the end. Had a few numbers written down. They all went in the blink of an eye. Had to use some creative thinking in the end. But I reckon I snagged a pretty awesome number from my perspective.
Hey at least your north of 1100, in the last 100...
I was sitting on a high speed connection and kept refreshing the pages but it didn't come up for at least 30 seconds. All the numbers I had were gone by then. I ended up going for the Wednesday car but 600 went. I got 601, close enough.

Bookie

Reaction score
I couldn't believe how fast the numbers dissapered

My work probably has the slowest internet for a top 50 ASX company

I ended getting 0909

Then spent $479.60 on KOM 909 personalised plates

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks for all the comments all. It's interesting to hear what was behind peoples build number selection and the experience they had in getting their preferred number, and rego plates too. It was exciting with the lead up, followed by the experience. Personally, I can't wait to see 0517 on my build plate.

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
Just curious has anybody which secured the Motorsport Edition got their 1:18 model yet or that will be given on the day of delivery of the car.

Satellite

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Just curious has anybody which secured the Motorsport Edition got their 1:18 model yet or that will be given on the day of delivery of the car.

Satellite

With Regards the 1:18 Biante model and the special commemorative key presentation case:
Holden will contact the delivering dealer as the MSE reaches HEC and will confirm the delivery details and Build number for each model and the special commemorative key presentation case.
Then they will be couriered to the dealer who has the responsibility of hand over to the customer at time of delivery.

AWRSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Hi guys, new to the forum here. Have been browsing for about 6 months trying to keep on top of rumours etc! Thought I'd finally join up.

Got 3 cars on order between my dad and myself. MSE manual red hot, Magnum manual red hot (Was meant to be spitfire but for some reason was allocated red) and an LMF redline sportwagon for myself.

MSE 0411 - Old man's birthday
Magnum - unsure yet, not much left that's significant. Might end up with whatever they give us!

Can't wait for both to arrive.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi

Secured a Director with build number "332". As far as I can tell "332" has absolutely no resemblance with anything Holden!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi

Secured a Director with build number "332". As far as I can tell "332" has absolutely no resemblance with anything Holden!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

From what you've posted earlier, the story that goes with that number is genuine, poignant and just special. Albeit somewhat sad. A champion Aussie born in 1932 orders DIR# 332. Then, in a stroke of bad luck, or just bad timing, has to go into full time aged care and has his drivers license revoked, before he ever gets to see his last and greatest dream car. Let alone drive and enjoy it.
If I were you, I would share the story with Holden. If I were Holden, I would do something very special for that truest of true Holden fans. He represents what Holden means to me. Not bogamism, but Aussie spirt.
Cherish 332 mate. It's your car, but it's his dream.

Last edited: