Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what spirngs? urgent

B

buzurk

well i need springs as i chopped mine to get a nice height and its fukin the car up
So i got the same bodykit as this pic and well ive only got 16s for now but 20s are comin soon and i want it to sit the same as this if not a tad lower!

i had Fe2

So would

super super lows in front and super super super lows in back make it sit klike this u reckon

Attachments

• Stuff 011.jpg
    Stuff 011.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 740

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I recon supa lows in front n ultra in rear will give u that ride height.

But i aint played round with many lowered VT/VX soo i could be way off.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Your on the ball with that mate... thats def double in the front and triples in the rear.
I just hope your aware of all the problems your gonna run into with the setup ur after...

- REDICULOUS camber in the arse... 4 point camber kit will be a must have!
- Tucking 20's under SSSL rear will definatly involve rolling the guards and you will rub the plastic inner guard for sure...
- The front, 20s and SSL i can see some issues arising there... Had a mate who had SSL in the front and 20's, he was reversing out of a drivedway, had the wheels locked and as he came of the driveway lip the front of the car went down, the tyre caught the guard and pulled it in... 500 repair
- Speed bumps will be fun.... slow goin if u wanna keep your kit
Police attention, ur gonna be way too low and the rims will be too big... If u get pulled over for ANYTHING, they will lube u up and shaft you for everything! So don't drive stupid and attract attention! lol
- You will need a good chiropracted... i got 19's SSSL rear and SL front... and its a bumpy ride... 20's is gonna be fun... lol

Good luck with it

B

buzurk

what bout with me 16s on it for nowm, i got SL in rear now, and chopped fronts
fton tyre just sits near the guard, i want it a tad lower and the rear i want in the guard more

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I wouldn't drive it with chopped springs full stop...
Thats like saying "F**K it, i don't need a steering wheel!"

The 16's will fit easy, and the car is gonna be STUPID low..

Check out my signature like... i got pix of mine with 17's still
the 20's will lift it!

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
the 20's will lift it cause the diameter will be too big..
In order for the 20's not to lift it your tyres would have to be like 10mm in profile! lol

B

buzurk

so sssl's in rear and ssls in front will have my car sitting same as that

Berlina wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina wagon
You need to be carful when lowering your car to much leads to many other problems such as:
Bad camber as previously mentioned chews the sh!t out of tyres
alote of bump steer car does not steer like it should and will track to the crappy roads we have in NSW
Excessive shock through the suspension which punches up the strut towers and stuffs them up in front end
Cracks to rear cross member which holds diff very common with cars that are lowered to much.
And not to mention un roadworthy legal limit for a car in NSW is 100mm from the ground to the lowest point on your car wheather it be exhaust or anything else.
The cops get a piece of 4x2 timber and run it under your car if it hits anything DEFECT notice is placed on your car.

Bluewildangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II supercharged
Why cant I see any pics you post??

The only thing I would be worried about is chewing those expensive ass 20" tyres. SSSL are VERY low I have them in the back of my car with 18" wheels definatley go SSL in the front I reckon, I'm changing mine this weekend:thumbsup: